Bios Mods -The Best BIOS Update and Modification Source

Full Version: Need help in Insyde H2O BIOS mod to enable advanced tab
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi, I got a new HP-630 notebook that has InsydeH2O Rev3.5 BIOS but has many tabs in the BIOS locked. I need to go to the advanced tab where I can change the HDD mode from SATA to IDE or AHCI, which ever works, to install Windows Server 2003.

The BIOS update link as per HP's download site is http://bit.ly/w3KYLO ( I have shortened it for your ease).

Please get this bios mod done for me so that I can access the advanced tab or whichever menu has the option to change the HDD mode from SATA to AHCI or IDE (compatibility).
Please post your bios screenshots. Specially the one that shows board info.
(12-27-2011, 08:04 AM)camiloml Wrote: [ -> ]Please post your bios screenshots. Specially the one that shows board info.

Thanks, please find it attached.

Regards
DP
Hi, Thanks a ton.. really appreciated Smile

However, when I run it it gives me an error in a non-english language (algunos ficheros de instalacion estan crruptos. Por favor descargue una nueva copia e intente de nuevo la instalacion).

Is there a specific way to use it? Sorry if I am missing anything.

Regards,
DP
Sorry Camilo. I think I got the issue, it did not get download completely. The downloaded file shows as only 2.1MB while I think its 7.6MB. Will try to download and install again. Please ignore my previous post.

Thanks again.
Regards,
DP
HI Camilo.
The computer restarted after the installation and now won't boot :-(

Please Help
that fking camilo was a jerk he dont know anything I have fucked off my pc because of him its a wrong bios flash u need to recovery ur bios D111 that's the only way ;
First; download the last bios updat from official web site i mean HP (i have hp630 i think like u) .
then; extracte the the file with winrar or another program u will see 3 FD file ;
03674.FD - 03672.FD - 03676.FD
take the first one (03674.FD) rename it to ( 03674.bin) .
finally u need usb flash disk the smallest is better i have 256mo one . copy the file to ur usb flash disk .
after that take off the battery from ur laptop .
and conect ur usb flash disk .
then conect the AC power cable (i mean the charger) .
then press this ; windows key + B.

stay pressing and power on ur laptop stay pressing the laptop power on key for about 5 sec.
then the computer wil start beeping and booting from the usb drive for about 1min if he stay beeping more then 3min change usb drive or try another file (03672.FD) (03676.FD) rename them like the first .FD ----to .bin and try another time hope it will work Undecided . and pls responce me if yes or another problem come
I want too to unlock my bios settings
Same reason..I have to change to ahci mode
HP Pavillion Dv71070el 64 bit
Here is the link to Bios Update
http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softw...91&sw_lang=

Can you help me please..?
Dear Ayoob
thank you for the previous explanation just my problem case is the following:
After a failure upgrading bios, i did the steps to recover it back following your instructions,but in every reboot, just blinking CAPS key, with the wireless key lighting steadily.
my case is different in the two things:
1- I noted that my laptop started immediately right I plug the AC power cable without pushing the on-off button

2-NO beeps heard whatever I pushed or did ,since the first boot after the upgrading ,the laptop (hp 630) stop beeping, and all kind of combinations and files I tried didn't make it reboot again

Any help I endlessly will be thankful