Bios Mods -The Best BIOS Update and Modification Source

Full Version: hp dv7 4075sf bricked
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
hello everybody

i tried a bios mod for my hp dv7 in order to disable hybrid graphics.
Flash was ok and full menu was available. i rebooted the notebook several time and booted into windows too. No problem.

Then i went to setup and just replaced the hybrid graphics options with dedicated cpu then black screen.

I tried hundred of things read on this forum but no luck (remove cmos battery, usb flash recovery)

Please help me Undecided

Attached are my bios setup before flash...

[attachment=3261][attachment=3262][attachment=3263]
i have removed the cmos battery
i have also removed hard disks to be sure that recovery will occur on usb key
i have tried different bios version from the more recent from f04 (sp48115.exe) to f29 (sp55299.exe)

Here is my files hierarchy on my usb key :

F:\Hewlett-Packard\BIOS\current\01448.bin
F:\Hewlett-Packard\BIOS\current\01448.sig
F:\Hewlett-Packard\BIOS\previous\01448.bin
F:\Hewlett-Packard\BIOS\previous\01448.sig

I tried with +b key and the all arrows keys... no luck
- I tried differents usb sticks (256m, 1gb & 4g) in fat and fat32
- i tried to put bios on root of sd cards with differents name

i guess 01448 is the right one as it is the one that is on the hp recovery partition (i unplugged the associated disk and used a sata-usb adapter on another notebook to recover the content of this partition)

i would like to know where are my bios settings stored ??! the black screen appeared when i changed the video settings from "hybrid mode" to "gpu dedicated graphics" and rebooted the computer...

my computer stay hot when i power it on as if the dedicated gpu was directly active... how can can switch back to hybrid mode ??

if you have a genious or even a silly idea... i take it ! lol
(01-02-2012, 05:42 AM)camiloml Wrote: [ -> ]http://www.bios-mods.com/forum/Thread-MU...-IMPORTANT

I have done the recovery using the directory structure you suggest... i see usb accesses on my usbkey, fans went noisy... i waited more than half hour but no shutdown of the laptop.

f11 & f12 keys remains orange, capslock is functional (highlighted white when pressed) ^^

Still black screen....Huh
No video on external monitor neither...

memory was checked on another laptop : ok

there is no beep or blink of the caps lock key about a problem.

what could it be ?

Nobody has an idea ??

(01-04-2012, 07:47 AM)redsectors Wrote: [ -> ]memory was checked on another laptop : ok

there is no beep or blink of the caps lock key about a problem.

what could it be ?

Nobody has an idea ??

this could be a sign that your motherboard needs to be replaced or repaired- I had a similar issue with my hp labtop when it overheated- caps lack remained on, no ability to see display- had to send to hp for repair- luckily labtop was still under warranty- hopefully your warranty is still good.