Bios Mods -The Best BIOS Update and Modification Source

Full Version: [Unlocked] Acer Aspire 5741G (v1.23) + UEFI BIOS Alpha Test
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6
Hi,

I wonder if it is possible to unlock the BIOS of the Acer Aspire 5741G.
I searched the forums and found unlocked BIOSes of similar laptop models (e.g. 5742G or 5755G which seem to use the same/similar BIOS), but I do not want to risk bricking my laptop by flashing it with a BIOS that is not primarily made for the 5741G.

At the moment I use the latest available BIOS, v1.23:
http://global-download.acer.com/GDFiles/...&SC=EMEA_8

The BIOS menu also says: Insyde H2O Rev. 3.5

I'd be glad if someone could help me out here :-)

btw: This laptop has both an integrated (Intel HD) and a discrete GPU (NVidia Geforce 320M), but Acer disabled the integrated chip, so I cannot switch between them. Do you think with an unlocked BIOS I might be able to activate it again?
bump :-)
Thanks for confirming,

Moved to unlocked /mod
Yeah, it worked, but it didn't show me any additional settings that I was hoping for (e.g. Fan Control and Video Settings).

But still thank you! :-)
Will it work like nvidia optimus?
please help us to unlock i5 intel IGP (switchable with GT320m) so that we can save a little bit battery life
(02-24-2012, 06:36 AM)kimyu92 Wrote: [ -> ]Will it work like nvidia optimus?
please help us to unlock i5 intel IGP (switchable with GT320m) so that we can save a little bit battery life

Unfortunately it does not unlock the Intel GPU chip, so no, it doesn't work like nvidia optimus Undecided
so anyone know how to hack the bios to unlock Intel GPU (what a waste i5 IGP)?
(01-08-2012, 03:31 PM)camiloml Wrote: [ -> ]http://dl.dropbox.com/u/45117524/bios-mo...miloml.exe

I wait your news Wink
I had to register again just to make a thank you post! The bios works fine and I've been adjusting a lot of features ever since.
Keep up the good work!
hi
this model Acer Aspire 5741G can be upgrade the ram to 16 GB
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6