Bios Mods -The Best BIOS Update and Modification Source

Full Version: hp DV4-2155DX whitelist removal request
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey All.. Thank's for doing what you do. I attempted to do it myself via the guide in the stickies.. Failed miserably. Thank's for doing all that you guys do by the way.. reason i donated Smile

Anyway.. Here is the info:

Laptop Model: DV4-2155DX
Motherboard Version: 140A
Link to bios: http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softw...ndex?cc=us&lc=en&dlc=en&softwareitem=ob-91247-1
Bio's version: F.0F

I have ALREADY tried quite a few sp51636 whitelist removal's that i have seen around.. but no success. i don't get a 104 or 105 error.. i get a 701 hp error.. "Wireless Module not found (701)" Is it the same thing?

also.. is it possible to put a wlan card in the wwan mini pcie slot? or anything else OTHER than the wwan card?

Thank's again!!!

Matthew~
Thank's! will update you when i get home and try it!!

Also btw.. i just tried before seeing this putting a new card in earlier.. the 2630 i think? intel centrino.. and it worked. i am not sure if that chipset is already supported by the mobo or whatever.. but it worked.. but i tried another card which is a full size mini pcie card and it didn't work (the one in there is a half size mini pcie).

also , is it possible to use anything else in the other mini pcie slot other than than the wwan broadband card?