Bios Mods -The Best BIOS Update and Modification Source

Full Version: [discrete SATA bridge] ASUS Eee PC 1201HA ahci unlock bios
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi I'm currently looking for a ASUS Eee PC 1201HA ahci unlock bios. Unfortunately i didn't found yet Undecided . It is possible to get one Angel

http://dlcdnet.asus.com/pub/ASUS/EeePC/1...S-0303.zip
I'm sorry, i see no traces of AHCI support in your bios that can be unlocked. Sad
(01-11-2012, 01:54 PM)camiloml Wrote: [ -> ]I'm sorry, i see no traces of AHCI support in your bios that can be unlocked. Sad

It's such a shame.
Thanks a lock for the quick reply.

Your case is very interesting. It's because usually the BIOS hides (and we do unlock) hidden options for south bridge SATA ports. But yours (US15W, Intel Poulsbo) has none, only IDE.

SATA is implemented (well, not sure in your case but found a similar netbook) via PCI-E to SATA bridge. If you find out what's exactly the name of yours (either by making a photo near HDD or having a look at device manager), you might find out whether your bridge supports AHCI at all. If the answer's "no", we won't be able to help you. If it's "yes", then it's a puzzle interesting enough to dig deeper.
(01-13-2012, 12:01 AM)Antinomy Wrote: [ -> ]Your case is very interesting. It's because usually the BIOS hides (and we do unlock) hidden options for south bridge SATA ports. But yours (US15W, Intel Poulsbo) has none, only IDE.

SATA is implemented (well, not sure in your case but found a similar netbook) via PCI-E to SATA bridge. If you find out what's exactly the name of yours (either by making a photo near HDD or having a look at device manager), you might find out whether your bridge supports AHCI at all. If the answer's "no", we won't be able to help you. If it's "yes", then it's a puzzle interesting enough to dig deeper.

That’s my device manager (See Attachment)

According to AssuTek my Netbook uses Intel® Poulsbo US15W Chipset. Reading following article (http://www.anandtech.com/show/2493/1) I'm afraid that in dead the Poulsbo US15W Chipset doesn’t support AHCI. Undecided But I’m still not secure. Huh
Open the standard dual channel IDE controller, and find the Vendor_ID. It should be in "Details" or like that. Besides Vendor_ID you need a dev_ID - device ID.
(01-14-2012, 06:18 AM)Antinomy Wrote: [ -> ]Open the standard dual channel IDE controller, and find the Vendor_ID. It should be in "Details" or like that. Besides Vendor_ID you need a dev_ID - device ID.

Hey,
I'm not sure if this thread is still alive- I have ASUS1201HA and I bought 4GB RAM to make it work a little bit faster- I understand I need to mod its Bios but I did not succeed -Any help would be greatly appreciated.
(03-06-2014, 12:05 PM)Asus1201HA Wrote: [ -> ]
(01-14-2012, 06:18 AM)Antinomy Wrote: [ -> ]Open the standard dual channel IDE controller, and find the Vendor_ID. It should be in "Details" or like that. Besides Vendor_ID you need a dev_ID - device ID.

Hey,
I'm not sure if this thread is still alive- I have ASUS1201HA and I bought 4GB RAM to make it work a little bit faster- I understand I need to mod its Bios but I did not succeed -Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I also have a 1201ha.
Got any results?
You can share?