Bios Mods -The Best BIOS Update and Modification Source

Full Version: Bios flashing
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Dear all,

I have a malfunctioning laptop (actually, non-functional) due a corrupt bios resulting from updating the bios.

As its out of warranty, I will have to fix it myself.
I disassembled it in order to see the bios, it seemed to me like a SOIC-8 chip made by WinBond.

I understand that I can use an external EEPROM programmer to flash it, but the problem is that this requires desoldering and I have no experience with it.

What I would like to know is that if its possible to flash the bios without removing it from the mainboard ? if yes, then what is the required equipment ?

I will grateful if you can also include tutorials/video/....

Many thanks.
(01-17-2012, 12:57 PM)oc_192 Wrote: [ -> ]I understand that I can use an external EEPROM programmer to flash it, but the problem is that this requires desoldering and I have no experience with it.

I have a jtag for flashing modems, I do it with a clip without de soldering, pretty sure if you look around you will find something similar or click the links at the home page for a service that will flash for you.