Bios Mods -The Best BIOS Update and Modification Source

Full Version: HP G6050EG
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
HP Laptop G6050EG
MB model: Quanta 30DA
BIOS version: F.20

(same motherboard as HP G6000-Series {Rev.A?}, Compaq Presario F500-Series, and Compaq Presario F500-Series)

ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp48001-48500/sp48036.exe

Mod request. My interest lays in particular on the SATA-settings for AHCI or IDE if present.

Thanks in advance for any effort.
JG
Found no options for AHCI but there are other options unlocked here :-

http://www.mediafire.com/?nz5n6u1mtia7sj6
Your file seems to work perfectly. I flashed it in DOS.

Unfortunately there weren't really any options unlocked that I would consider useful or necessary for an “enhanced experience”. The 'wlan switch stays orange'-problem that plagues many HP of the series was also not cured (MB-Problem). It was somehow just an unreasoned hope of mine, I know. So this is just as an information to others.

Thank you for your contribution.

This thread can in principle be moved into the unlocked section.

Out of curiosity:

The mainboard seems to be built with the Nvidia C51 and MCP51 according to the bios file.
CPU-Z confirms this but I am not so sure.
I did not write down the specific chip numbers the last time that I had taken it apart and I would not want to do it again just to check. So let's assume that it is in fact the MCP51 chip. This chip does not support AHCI but might support Nvidia RAID. Hypothetically speaking, would it be possible to replace the correponding “nvraid.bin” (or similar) taken from a desktop MB Bios to bring back this feature although limited to just two ports???
The BIOS itself contains few hidden options to unlock .
If we replace the nvraid module ( if found ) we need an option inside the BIOS to call the module to work correctly ......... and there isn`t options for raid to do this in your BIOS .
Thanks for confirming,

Moved to unlocked /mod