Bios Mods -The Best BIOS Update and Modification Source

Full Version: [REQUEST] Gateway FX6800 (TBGM01) BIOS Unlock
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
(02-18-2012, 04:26 AM)moral hazard Wrote: [ -> ]I can't download the file, is it just me?

it should work try it just now
Still doesn't work for me, I have no idea why, the file downloaded is 0mb.
Any chance you could attach it to your post?
[attachment=3551]
(02-18-2012, 07:02 AM)moral hazard Wrote: [ -> ]Still doesn't work for me, I have no idea why, the file downloaded is 0mb.
Any chance you could attach it to your post?

sure

That works.

You can open the bios with this version of AMIBCP (3.37):
https://rapidshare.com/files/1509746536/amibcp337.zip

I'll let you know if there is anything I can do, but I'm not great at this.

So far it looks like AMIBCP doesn't corrupt the bios, you can probably try changing the access/use to "user" for any setting you want to unlock. Then save and flash.

Also change "show" to "yes".

Then you will have a pretty good chance, I can do it for you if you want, but it's simple.
Please provide feedback, and upload a copy of your modded bios for others to use if it works.
(02-18-2012, 07:30 AM)moral hazard Wrote: [ -> ]That works.

You can open the bios with this version of AMIBCP (3.37):
https://rapidshare.com/files/1509746536/amibcp337.zip

I'll let you know if there is anything I can do, but I'm not great at this.

So far it looks like AMIBCP doesn't corrupt the bios, you can probably try changing the access/use to "user" for any setting you want to unlock. Then save and flash.

Also change "show" to "yes".

Then you will have a pretty good chance, I can do it for you if you want, but it's simple.
Please provide feedback, and upload a copy of your modded bios for others to use if it works.

dosnt seem to work , everytime i flash my bios all is going good but when i restart after flash it gives me the TEXT wait when i try to get in the bios.

bumpppp
Ha!, finally a bios that will give some chance Smile

Please let me take some time to poke around it Smile
http://www.bios-mods.com/BIOS/AMI/Gatewa...miloml.exe

Many funny menus and options unlocked Wink
Finally! Although this bios 'unlock' doesn't enable frequency control from the bios, it does enable it from SetFSB (previously it didn't seem to work). I don't know what other reasons people have to try to unlock the bios, but I wanted to purely for OCing the processor and get the ram up there a bit too. Here's how I did it:

1. Download the Attached files. Unzip the zip file.

2. Use the HP USB utility (free online) to make a bootable USB. Copy the 3 downloaded files to the USB.

3. Boot into the USB drive

4. Type in: AFUDOS P181GEDIT.ROM /p /b /x /L2 /REBOOT

5. Once back into windows (Win7 for me) download SetFSB, the freeware version. The Clock generator you want is: ICS9LPRS139AKLF Select Ultra, and the click Get FSB. Now you're all set to OC.

6. The bottom slider doesn't move for me, and I really don't know what it is. The top slider moves, and I have mine set to 40 (3.17Ghz) at the moment. The Current CPU frequency at the bottom... I don't know what it means. QPC always shows a freq of 2666. MTT is showing 3022 as is SLP.

I think the OC has to be redone every time you boot. Windows doesn't show the speed boost, but CPU-Z and CoreTemp are both showing the OC.
I ran 3dMark Vantage before and after, there is a substantial difference:
Stock: 16284
Unlocked: 16978 (I assume this is b/c unlocking enables the speed step)
OC @ 3.0: 18612
(These are the CPU scores only)

I only ran Prime95 for about 30 minutes, but it stayed stable, at 69-71 degrees. The ram is now running at 604Mhz (DDR = 1208). The processor still reduces the multiplier, but since the board is locked at x12, it only goes down to 1.8Ghz. The ram seems to stay at 1200.

I don't know how this affects other parts inside the PC, but using various hardware monitors (such as CPUID) all temperatures appear to stay well within normal limits. Much above the 3.17Ghz OC seems unstable in Prime95. I hope this saves some people a lot of time!
(03-20-2012, 05:26 PM)MedicD Wrote: [ -> ]Finally! Although this bios 'unlock' doesn't enable frequency control from the bios, it does enable it from SetFSB (previously it didn't seem to work). I don't know what other reasons people have to try to unlock the bios, but I wanted to purely for OCing the processor and get the ram up there a bit too. Here's how I did it:

1. Download the Attached files. Unzip the zip file.

2. Use the HP USB utility (free online) to make a bootable USB. Copy the 3 downloaded files to the USB.

3. Boot into the USB drive

4. Type in: AFUDOS P181GEDIT.ROM /p /b /x /L2 /REBOOT

5. Once back into windows (Win7 for me) download SetFSB, the freeware version. The Clock generator you want is: ICS9LPRS139AKLF Select Ultra, and the click Get FSB. Now you're all set to OC.

6. The bottom slider doesn't move for me, and I really don't know what it is. The top slider moves, and I have mine set to 40 (3.17Ghz) at the moment. The Current CPU frequency at the bottom... I don't know what it means. QPC always shows a freq of 2666. MTT is showing 3022 as is SLP.

I think the OC has to be redone every time you boot. Windows doesn't show the speed boost, but CPU-Z and CoreTemp are both showing the OC.
I ran 3dMark Vantage before and after, there is a substantial difference:
Stock: 16284
Unlocked: 16978 (I assume this is b/c unlocking enables the speed step)
OC @ 3.0: 18612
(These are the CPU scores only)

I only ran Prime95 for about 30 minutes, but it stayed stable, at 69-71 degrees. The ram is now running at 604Mhz (DDR = 1208). The processor still reduces the multiplier, but since the board is locked at x12, it only goes down to 1.8Ghz. The ram seems to stay at 1200.

I don't know how this affects other parts inside the PC, but using various hardware monitors (such as CPUID) all temperatures appear to stay well within normal limits. Much above the 3.17Ghz OC seems unstable in Prime95. I hope this saves some people a lot of time!
The multiplier on mine is at x25. The 920 was running at 2.8 Ghz and the 960 is running at 3.3 Ghz. as is.
I need a Unlock Bios here is my version:
Manufacturer:Gateway
Model:tbgm01
Brand:AMI
Version:R01-B0

I can allways overclock in setfsfb but it need to be done at each startup,programs like futurmark doesn't show the oc speed And ram bottlenecking Sad If there is no Help here il buy the asus sabertooth x58 Smile
Pages: 1 2 3