Bios Mods -The Best BIOS Update and Modification Source

Full Version: [REQUEST] Gateway FX6800 (TBGM01) BIOS Unlock
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
HI my name is john and i bought this computer and it has a core i7 but my bios wont let me do anything to it i have windows 7 ultimate 6gb ram 750 internal and 1 tb external 780 power supply and a lot of fans but i want to over clock my cpu and cant so plz help
Hi Mate

Sorry but you arent helping us out here. Whats your motherboard make and model?

and is overclocking a system like that really necessary , cos lets be honest that with all that power your probably only going to see a performance improvement in bechmarking numbers , not general everyday use!

Admin
Hey Guys, as you can see I have the Mobo TBGM01 (gateway) but my Computer is a Packard Bell iPower i9650GE. I can't find the latest BIOS Files of my ComputerDodgy the Download and Support Page of my Computer is REALLY confusing. So I searched in google and soon found out that there are modded Bios Files of my Computer (actually 3 ). So I downloaded the latest of them ( the last Thread with the Rainbow), prepared a boot-stick (Bios-Mods), restarted and started typing and hit enter. But after two lines of "ok" it showed me an error (error: File ROM ID incorrect). I tried many things to get my way around the ID-Checking stuff but I failed.

So my questions are: Is there a newer BIOS for my System? If there is a newer BISO, can you modify it for me, plz, I need every unlocking Stuff and Slic Modding (it doesn't matter which Big Grin). And I need help for flashing it, to get my way around the error...

GreetZ
Suad
then it's not the right bios for your system.

(07-25-2011, 09:47 AM)Suad Wrote: [ -> ]Hey Guys, as you can see I have the Mobo TBGM01 (gateway) but my Computer is a Packard Bell iPower i9650GE. I can't find the latest BIOS Files of my ComputerDodgy the Download and Support Page of my Computer is REALLY confusing. So I searched in google and soon found out that there are modded Bios Files of my Computer (actually 3 ). So I downloaded the latest of them ( the last Thread with the Rainbow), prepared a boot-stick (Bios-Mods), restarted and started typing and hit enter. But after two lines of "ok" it showed me an error (error: File ROM ID incorrect). I tried many things to get my way around the ID-Checking stuff but I failed.

So my questions are: Is there a newer BIOS for my System? If there is a newer BISO, can you modify it for me, plz, I need every unlocking Stuff and Slic Modding (it doesn't matter which Big Grin). And I need help for flashing it, to get my way around the error...

GreetZ
Suad

(09-01-2011, 11:52 PM)f3bandit Wrote: [ -> ]then it's not the right bios for your system.

Well, actually it is the right BIOS. I ow found out, what to do: My previous BIOS was from Packard Bell, so it won't accept the original one (Gateway). While at the flashing prompt you just have to type in the parameter "/X" so it skips your BIOS ID-Check and directly starts flashing Smile
Ok we don't track down bios roms for people we mod them for them. it's up to you the requester to supply us the admins and mods with the bios roms so we may mod them where possible. we are always super busy as well. so as you can understand to be fair to everyone and be able to answer as many requests as we can in a day we can't do it all. and we are all volunteers, none of us get paid. all donations goto the sites upkeep. if you can find the bios you want modified I will be more than happy to help! Big Grin

(09-02-2011, 04:22 AM)Suad Wrote: [ -> ]
(09-01-2011, 11:52 PM)f3bandit Wrote: [ -> ]then it's not the right bios for your system.

Well, actually it is the right BIOS. I ow found out, what to do: My previous BIOS was from Packard Bell, so it won't accept the original one (Gateway). While at the flashing prompt you just have to type in the parameter "/X" so it skips your BIOS ID-Check and directly starts flashing Smile

I've taken one I've found here in the Forums, it was the latest (R01.B0) so I think it isn't necessary to mod more BIOS Big Grin

LG
Suad
I was looking through your forums and I have seen that you have tried to unlock the gateway Bios. I have used the version that you have completed and the CPU multiplier is stuck at 20x and won't go higher and the RAM doesn't get forced to 1333MHz it is stuck at 1066MHz. Is there anyway you guys can try this again, or try to fix the 2 problems?

Link to bios:
http://support.gateway.com/us/en/product...aspx?tab=1&modelId=2297

Thanks in advanceSmile
Hello would love a unlock for my Gateway TBGM01

my current bios: AMI R01-A0 link to file: http://www.filedropper.com/biospackardbellr01a0aa

system name : Packard Bell - IXTREME I9501 NL

I can't download the file, is it just me?
Pages: 1 2 3