Bios Mods -The Best BIOS Update and Modification Source

Full Version: Compal FL90 with ATI
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi there,

i have a compal FL90 notebook with a ATI radeon HD 3650 installed. i never updated my BIOS so it's still version 1.02 original.
i was thinking of updating to 1.18 but i'm concerned that the graphic card won't work because of it's not the original card (it was an NVIDIA, died already)

is it safe to update BIOS?

help please
Yes , i think the VBIOS will not be flashed .
(02-24-2012, 12:11 PM)AHMED HOSSAM Wrote: [ -> ]Yes , i think the VBIOS will not be flashed .

thanks for the help!

i found a TXT file for the bios flash to 1.12 with the following:
System BIOS (Rev. IFT00112.ROM)
* System BIOS change? Yes

Notification:
1. Default build in EC BIOS k03a108a.ROM
2. VGA BIOS Rev UMA 1447 / NV P478H2 / NB8P(60.84.42.00.23) / NB8M(60.86.39.00.26)
3. Base on IFT00111

Known issues:

Modified:
1. Add MCU for G0 stepping CPU (CPUID:6FBh), Patch ID:B3h.
2. Modify DMI type2 Manufacturer string by reference from EEPROM Manufacturer name.
3. Add AHCI setting change int 15 OEM call back function.
4. update panel id list CPT CLAA154WB03A support for ift00 & ifl91

Issues Fixed:
1. Fix No Reboot/Shutdown function after flash BIOS.
2. Patch some Intel Off-roadmap C4 cause S3 failed issue.

it speaks of VGA Bios! if it flashes the VBIOS there is a huge probability that my ATI stop working right?

sorry for being such a noob
The main BIOS file includes at least 2 vga BIOS modules for different cards but for the same motherboard ......... it will find the correct VGA BIOS and flash it ........ if not found , it will not flash it .
so it's safe to flash my bios.

thanks =)
(02-24-2012, 01:18 PM)AHMED HOSSAM Wrote: [ -> ]The main BIOS file includes at least 2 vga BIOS modules for different cards but for the same motherboard ......... it will find the correct VGA BIOS and flash it ........ if not found , it will not flash it .
There are 2 bioses one intel gpu and nvidia gpu. Ati 3650 is stored on the ati card itself.