Bios Mods -The Best BIOS Update and Modification Source

Full Version: [~$200 bounty]Dell Inspiron 1564 unlocked A10/A13 BIOS
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6
(06-05-2015, 04:25 AM)iakoboss7 Wrote: [ -> ]i saw that the internal stock hdd is a 8mb cache one (512gb 5400rmp) so i gone ahead and bought a hdd caddy to try it! (cause i bought a samsung evo 850 120gb)

this one http://www.ebay.com/itm/SATA-2nd-HDD-SSD...416232f03c

i also ordered this cpu cause i couldnt wait! http://www.ebay.com/itm/INTEL-CORE-i5-56...7675.l2557
to replace the i3 330m!

i hope everything will be compatible!

Hello iakoboss7
How did things go with the hdd caddy?
I've tried fitting a caddy with differenet hdds but nothing worked for me. I've even tried using other caddy in case the first one was faulty but l still had no luck. Drives used were 120GB SSD, 128GB SSD, 320GB HDD & 750GB HDD.
hello every one,
can you please upload a screenshots of this uncloaked bios, not all but the advanced setting only
as i interest in the options belong to vga (video display).

thank you . .
(11-04-2016, 11:22 AM)MgdElislam Wrote: [ -> ]hello every one,
can you please upload a screenshots of this uncloaked bios, not all but the advanced setting only

thank you . .

ok after search i found that i can use emulation to see how the bios will be and what's options are available in

i try to use PBE 2.2.1.3 and download the unlocked bios file from here and the original one from DELL
but both give me an error when i open, the error say "romexec not available" and stopped without doing anything !

what is it mean ?, and how can i overcome it ?
Thanks,
(11-05-2016, 08:30 AM)MgdElislam Wrote: [ -> ]
(11-04-2016, 11:22 AM)MgdElislam Wrote: [ -> ]hello every one,

thank you . .

ok after search i found that i can use emulation to see how the bios will be and what's options are available in

i try to use PBE 2.2.1.3 and download the unlocked bios file from here and the original one from DELL
but both give me an error when i open, the error say "romexec not available" and stopped without doing anything !

what is it mean ?, and how can i overcome it ?
Thanks,

Answered your question via PM, but going to post the answer here too.

As far as I know the Intel Integrated VGA is not connected to anything on the ATI/AMD board so it might as well not exist. There's no switching between the two.

I think PBE is too old to work with the Phoenix bios that was delivered with this laptop, at least I never got it to work correctly.

- Aeny
thanks Aney for your answer, and i reply to your PM
hi, thanks for the modded bios A13, after flashing the said modded bios I now got a plugged not charging in windows 7. the charger is plugged in but battery is not charging. can you pls advice what to do?

Inspiron 1564, modded Bios A13
Hey guys, don't know, if you still need it, but since I just got this laptop for free, I checked the BIOS version and it is A01. So I'll just leave it here, if anyone wants it.
Just to add the info here, this BIOS also comes from a machine without dedicated GPU, but with just the Intel Onboard. So you might want to be careful flashing this to a device with a dedicated GPU!

Cheers
I have A05 in my Inspiron 1464 but i have no idea how to extract it

EDIT: I got it, i'll just upload it here.
I am a newbie to BIOS. I have replaced my Dell Inspiron 1564 mother board with 1464(This is what I could get here in local market)now my keyboard - the right side numeric key pad is not recognising. How to fix it by suitably configuring my 1464 BIOS?
(03-22-2021, 04:15 AM)boscar Wrote: [ -> ]the right side numeric key pad is not recognising.
Maybe numlock is enabled on startup by default?
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6