Bios Mods -The Best BIOS Update and Modification Source

Full Version: Asrock N68C-S UCC boot image
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I own a small computer shop and wish to build my desktop systems around this board, or perhaps a similar MSI board if things don't hack well here. I wish to change the boot logo to a logo for my company, and have been having trouble. I did find a post here about hacking AHCI on this board but nothing about changing the image. I have been following all of the instructions I could scrape from Google, but I have been unable to even find the logo. Perhaps this is because the boot logo changes every other boot, first it's a forest, then it's an Asrock logo. If possible I would like to change both, most likely to the same file, but I guess it depends on how it goes.

I did find a link to the bios image itself in the forums here:
http://europe.asrock.com/downloadsite/bi...60)ROM.zip

I was able to open it with MMTool but could not find any images. I will happily donate to the forums if I can get this project completed. Thanks for any time/replies.

hi, i was looking for information on how to do this on my ASRock P45R2000 last night and came across this post. I managed to figure it out for my mobo, hopefully it is similar for your ASRock mobo.

In MMTools there I have 6 "User Defined or Reserved" modules. The ones with offsets "FA" "FB" and "FC" are the three different splash screen images. Extracting these I can directly open them with an image viewer, I believe they are jpg format.

I then made my own image in photoshop and saved it as a jpg. I then opened it in MSPaint and saved it again as a jpg.

(I believe this is a simpler jpg format than photoshop - even with 'Save for Web / Devices' option it still seemed to have some header differences when viewed in WinHEX, so I think MSPaint jpg is the safer option. Maybe saving as a bitmap in photoshop and then saving as jpg in MSPaint would retain more image quality, but it didn't matter for me as I was using a blank single color.)

I then opened in WinHex, and appended with zero-padding bytes so that it matched the size as one of the original images, e.g. Id = FA, and re-inserted it as a module FA into the ROM and flash with AFUDOS.

Works a treat for me...