Bios Mods -The Best BIOS Update and Modification Source

Full Version: Power On Password for a Lenovo G570 Laptop, running INSYDEH20 BIOS - shriek.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I set a Power On Password for a Lenovo G570 Laptop, running an INSYDEH20 BIOS, Probably Version 3.5.

That means NO boot, No BIOS - nothing - three tries, switch off, switch on, three more tries - add infinitum.

I have tried some 200 variants of what I would usually use or what I may have used - no luck... and I have only 99,999,860 combinations to go - or some way towards that.

Familiar with the system - password stored in "firmware" on a chip.....

I have done a HEAP of research through about 140 sites, it seems to be a pretty secure lock down system....

Can you actually give me a master password to get into boot up and the BIOS - in these circumstances? I am not sure that it's possible - but I thought I would ask.

Otherwise it's being fucked over by sending them the laptop and being charged the almost NEW price of an entire new laptop, for the alleged swap of the mother board OR suing them - and I think I have grounds - smart legally.