Bios Mods -The Best BIOS Update and Modification Source

Full Version: Computer boot certificate locked
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I installed windows 8 last night from an ISO DVD that I created after downloading from Microsoft.. Everything worked fine. Shut down the computer. Today, upon trying to boot, I get the following: "Sorry, the computer boot certificate has expired and the machine is now locked. Please contact your computer administrator to obtain an unlock code for your computer to be unlocked" It is asking for a 10 digit number.

So I decided to just try again, or restore my old operating system. When I boot, I get an option to press to enter setup, or for boot menu. I figured I could boot from the DVD. Oh no!, of course it wont let me, comes directly to this message, so I can't even do a restore.

How do I get the unlock code?

Phoenix trusted core NB
copyright 1985-2006 Phoenix Technologies LTD.
build time 04/27/09 20:35::45
Intel atom N270
TCG is enabled
thanks
(03-05-2012, 07:53 PM)buddhamouse Wrote: [ -> ]I installed windows 8 last night from an ISO DVD that I created after downloading from Microsoft.. Everything worked fine. Shut down the computer. Today, upon trying to boot, I get the following: "Sorry, the computer boot certificate has expired and the machine is now locked. Please contact your computer administrator to obtain an unlock code for your computer to be unlocked" It is asking for a 10 digit number.

So I decided to just try again, or restore my old operating system. When I boot, I get an option to press to enter setup, or for boot menu. I figured I could boot from the DVD. Oh no!, of course it wont let me, comes directly to this message, so I can't even do a restore.

How do I get the unlock code?

Phoenix trusted core NB
copyright 1985-2006 Phoenix Technologies LTD.
build time 04/27/09 20:35::45
Intel atom N270
TCG is enabled
thanks

I think you may have an MDG or a "rent-to-own" computer.
You need to find the motherboard bios file and flash it.