Bios Mods -The Best BIOS Update and Modification Source

Full Version: [Request] HP Pavilion dv6653eg (dv6000)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Dear folks in this awesome forum,

I'd be really grateful if you could please help me with my request to unlock the latest BIOS (F.34) for my laptop-model (P/N: KA058EA#ABD).
Win7 64bit, crucial M4 SSD, nForce 520, nVidia MCP65 Controller

I'm especially interested in the SATA Controller option, so that I'll finally be able to use AHCI, but all other options available would be very welcome, too. Smile

The BIOS attached contains two files... A and B...
As I was recently updating my BIOS from F.33 to F.34, it shifted the B-file into the Winphlash64 folder and renamed it. Hence, I suppose, that the A-file is designed for 32bit systems?! But what makes the difference? Anyway:

A thousand thanks and kind regards!!

PS: http://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp52001-52500/sp52477.exe
Is it a hard nut to crack? Are the files the right ones?

Thanks and have a nice day!
flosen
(03-14-2012, 07:10 AM)flosen Wrote: [ -> ]Is it a hard nut to crack? Are the files the right ones?

Thanks and have a nice day!
flosen

Oh, I'm sorry, just was reading through the other posts.
Take your time, studies first!
Thank you for your great effort to help us!

Cheers
Its already unlocked for HP notebook that use the same BIOS :-

http://www.mediafire.com/?mc698qr1ap5feex

there were 2 BIOS files , you should knew the correct one for your notebook and flash it .
also , sorry for my late response , i was really busy Smile
(03-15-2012, 12:09 PM)AHMED HOSSAM Wrote: [ -> ]Its already unlocked for HP notebook that use the same BIOS :-

http://www.mediafire.com/?mc698qr1ap5feex

there were 2 BIOS files , you should knew the correct one for your notebook and flash it .
also , sorry for my late response , i was really busy Smile

AWESOME! It flashed just fine and heaps of options are available now!

But, Smile
any idea why the BIOS does not detect my SSD anymore after enabling AHCI?
"No operating system found" ...no SSD anymore in the BIOS device list...
Any clue?

Cheers!
Sorry , i don`t knew why ............ may be its a hardware issue or AHCI not supported by your chipset .
Thanks for confirming,

Moved to unlocked /mod

Alright, thanks!!

And it is for sure, that there is no other hidden option which might be overseen, where I can boot-order the 4 different SATA device possibilties?

The standard boot-order like HDD, CDROM, UBS etc is still there.
Might there be a possibility for a different one, where I can set the several SATA devices in an order?

Cheers!
Please, are you really sure that all SATA/AHCI options are covered by this unlocked BIOS?
I really need to have certainty about this, to focus on other issues like perhaps the chipset (which is supposed to support AHCI, nForce 520, MCP65).

Thanks again!
If you found the AHCI unlocked , then its supposed to work properly otherwise its not supported or hardware problem .