Bios Mods -The Best BIOS Update and Modification Source

Full Version: Unlock / Replacement BIOS request - ASUS YNRC-BR
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi all..I have come here for some expert advice Smile

I have flashed my board HP (OEM) = Magnetite GL8E = Asus YNRC-BR with the following BIOS (unpacked from an EXE thanks to MyDigital) :

http://www.mediafire.com/?j2vtgkgao8cj7td

It is a Phoenix Award BIOS - 6.00PC. I flashed it using FlashCD to produce a bootable AWDFLASH then ran the flash in unprotected mode then reset to default settings ;

AWDFLASH 504_SLI.BIN /py/sn/f/cc/r

Works perfectly - loads up with an HP splash screen and HP BIOS settings. Fixed alot of problems.

It is still a very limited BIOS and so I would like to have it unlocked or locate a suitable replacement...any help appreciated... Smile

(Would like full control over latency, voltages, HW monitor etc...)
Anyone?

Any help would be greatly appreciated. I have opened the BIOS using award bios editor v1.0 but a lot of items cannot be edited or are unknown.

There is one main problem...I tried plugging in a 5450 PCI graphics card (ati ixp 460 south bridge) but the BIOS won't use it instead of onboard. I changed the bios to use PCI to no avail. Windows 7 device manager shows the 5450 and installs the drivers, but bios won't find or use it on post. Suspect I need a new pci driver in bios or change existing.

Overall would prefer a replacement BIOS Smile
Could you share the file, the link is down. Thanks