Bios Mods -The Best BIOS Update and Modification Source

Full Version: BiosFail - Acer Aspire 7540! "Help"
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey Guys,
I recently tried flashing my Acer Aspire 7540 (through DOS), and the flashing went through perfectly. but when I restarted the computer I was presented with a black screen, nothing loaded up. I was told I could recover the corrupted/nonworking BIOS by using Crisis tools and a USB flash drive. I created the Crisis Disk, and Took the battery out, Put my Crisis flash drive in.. held the various button combinations (fn+esc/fn+b/fn+f/ctrl+esc/ctrl+b) then plugged in the AC Power cord, and pressed the Power button, Nothing happen.. for some odd reason the Flash Drive is not flashing as its suppose to, to start the recovery. Huh

PLEASE, ANYONE who has had a Acer Aspire and successfully recovered theirs please let me in on what im doing wrong.

I have tried a 156mb Flash Drive, a 4gb Lexer Jump Drive, and a SD Card. all 3 are formatted to FAT
HELP!!!!!!!!!!!HuhHuhHuhConfusedConfusedConfusedConfusedConfusedConfused Sad
I have an ACER ASPIRE 5536G and from my experience you should try :-

1) another versions of PHLASH16.EXE or PHLASH17.EXE as there are alot of versions of it and only few will work with your BIOS .

2) most of time the problem is just you need to choose another USB as not all of it is valid for this process ( i have tried 4GB kingston but no success , and i have tried 8GB kingston and it was verygood !! ) .

i suppose you knew the correct key combinations for the recovery or at least tried all possibilities for it as you said .
also try removing HDD , DVD and any external drive then run recovery .
Nothing worked, i even tried a USB Floppy Disk Drive.. i got a question.. what puts the computer into bios recovery mode? like what is feature stored on, the Bios? or on another recovery chip or something?
Can someone please help me fix my acer aspire. PLEASE.