Bios Mods -The Best BIOS Update and Modification Source

Full Version: [Request] Clevo B5130M (Phoenix SecureCore)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello everyone,

this laptop has a very restricted bios. The feature I miss most is to control the fan.

Clevo doesn't offer any bios downloads nor do the resellers, so I used different tools to dump the bios (find attached). Phlash16 didn't work because it needs a existing bios to create a backup.

Tools used:
- pflash (from asus)
- Winphlash64
- Universal BIOS Backup ToolKit 2.0

I used the Phoenix Tool to split the bios in its parts (tool and dump attached). There are some very interesting lines in the file "STRINGS00.ROM":

"This value controls the temperature of the ACPI Active Trip Point - the point in which the OS will turn the CPU Fan on."

"Bus Speed Override.Value entered will be taken as overclocking percentage (%)of current clock frequency.Value varies from 0%-49%(0h%-31h%)"

I hope somebody can have a look at the bios and try to unlock it. I really would appreciate it!

Kind regards,
Habafu

BACKUP BIOSs can`t be flashed after modified as its missing the platform information ( which found in the original WPH file ) ....... it will be useless after modified .
Oh no Sad

Do you think Clevo will give out the bios on request?

Thank you for your answer!
Yes, i remember many people ( this was from nearly a year ) have requested the BIOS via e-mail before and they got their BIOSs .