Bios Mods -The Best BIOS Update and Modification Source

Full Version: Compaq C7xx no whitelist BIOS - Apple branded BCM94322MC
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
First, thanks to camiloml, TTAV134 and others for the great work put into this!

Up to now I've tried the no-whitelist versions of F.35 BIOS for Compaq C700 by camiloml and TTAV134 (they seem to be different mods but I may be wrong), unfortunately with no luck on either one.

The behavior I get is the same for stock bios / no-whitelist versions:

If my intended replacement WLAN card is mounted (Apple branded BCM94322MC), when I power-on the notebook I get a black screen and it gets stuck there indefinitely (no bios splash screen / no POST / no error message). If I 'hot-unplug' the card at this point, the notebook shows the POST screen and boots correctly.

Other behavior observations that could be relevant:

if I hot-plug the card after BIOS POST, the computer locks. If I do it in Windows, I cannot control keyboard or mouse anymore and I get highly increased CPU activity. If I remove the card, computer resumes normal execution.

If I hot-plug the card that came with the notebook (AR5007EG based) none of the explained behavior happens. It just ignores the insertion. If I plug it with the power off, it boots and works correctly, as expected.

I must also mention that the BCM94322MC is working perfectly (I've tried it in a different notebook).

Any opinion on this matter would be greatly appreciated as I wasn't able to find any report/solution of this behavior up to now. Thank you!

Where can i get this Bios and does it enable VT?.