Bios Mods -The Best BIOS Update and Modification Source

Full Version: Paxville DP support Supermicro X6DH8-G
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello and wonderful greetz to this forum.
It's nice to see people who adds CPU support to Boards!!!
A have a problem, too.
My problem is, my board does'nt support xeon Paxville DP. I've found a board what supports this CPU, and I think it's the same chipset! My one is the Supermicro X6DH8-G and the board what supports the Paxville is the X6DH8-G2+.

The Biosses are in the Attachment. The Bios with the support is named modbios x6dh8-g.

Both of the Boards uses the Intel E7520 Chipset (Lindenhurst).

Thank you for your work!

Sebastian
I hope the informations are enough?
Or is there something, what you have to know?

The Code of the CPU's are SL8MA
Nobody here, who is interested to mod my Bios? Sad

Is there anybody, who can mod my Bios?
Sad
(04-11-2012, 01:36 PM)GaBbErOnDoPe Wrote: [ -> ]Is there anybody, who can mod my Bios?
Sad

I know there is Smile , someone will shortly, thanks for the request.
I found something new!
My Bios is a Bios what is written for more than 1 Board! It supports the X6DHI-G2 and that Board supports the Paxville CPU. I don't know, but, is it possible to take those CPU's whithout damaging the X6DHE-G?
I don't know the difference of those boards... What I know, it's all the same chipset....
Or is there something where the Bios was locked for?

I hope somebody can tell me something of my problem...

Thanks for the work!
When anybody can help me, I'd like to do it myself, but I need help for it...
I have the Phoenix bios editor (demo) and a HEX Editor.
I read from somebody, who wants to do something like me, and he didn't get it work... But I don't know, where are the mistakes from him? Wrong CPU? He wants to add MP on a DP board...

When interested in reading: http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/show...PU-support

I hope, my CPU is easier than that?

Greez from Germany

Sebastian
I've extract both CPU update.rom files from the biosses.
I'll make an attachment to look in them...
I'd open them, but I could'nt understand the Hex Editor fully....
I don't know, is it possible to take the full file from the support Bios in the original Bios???

I hope anybody can help me....
(05-12-2012, 02:43 PM)GaBbErOnDoPe Wrote: [ -> ]I've extract both CPU update.rom files from the biosses.
I don't know, is it possible to take the full file from the support Bios in the original Bios???

Okay, I had flashed the BIOS with the current update0.rom...
The next step was to take both dates in the Hex Edit and.... Okay, they are the same... I think all e7520 Chipsets of Supermicro have all the same microcodes in the update0.rom.
Is there something else what to do for the support???
Next week i want to buy the paxville cpu's and test it...
Did you get this to work?

(05-18-2012, 11:46 AM)GaBbErOnDoPe Wrote: [ -> ]
(05-12-2012, 02:43 PM)GaBbErOnDoPe Wrote: [ -> ]I've extract both CPU update.rom files from the biosses.

Okay, I had flashed the BIOS with the current update0.rom...
The next step was to take both dates in the Hex Edit and.... Okay, they are the same... I think all e7520 Chipsets of Supermicro have all the same microcodes in the update0.rom.
Is there something else what to do for the support???
Next week i want to buy the paxville cpu's and test it...
Half a Yes and Half a no... It's only one CPU what will run on the system, it works finde with 2 cores 4 threads, but it won't accept the CPU2...
You can read in the other thread, there is a mod active, too.
It's this thread.
SL8MA Support on SuperMicro X6DHE-XB