Bios Mods -The Best BIOS Update and Modification Source

Full Version: locked out Dell L702x laptop 8 digit password hint
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello all not sure I'm in the right place but just wondering if there is anyone here that could help, just bought a used Dell XPS laptop and I got locked out of the bios and now the computer would start until I set the system clock I have tried to use some generators but they are for five digit and mine is an eight digit code (896A99DA) service tag number is H4LJYP1 I have called Dell and got nowhere unless I extend the warranty for 249.00???? got the clock set through dos and loaded 7 back on it , it is up and running, update the bios to A17.... but still locked out!!!

I have jioned different sites and no one can seem to help,, I hired an "IT" guy and he said let me work my majic!! and failed with his softwarenot sure where to turn until I found you guys hoping that you might specialize in something like this? From what I understand they are phoenix bios

to the mods sorry I posted in the wrong thread before
"From what you understand"? Are you completely sure it's a phoenix bios? There are several manufactures that have eight-digit codes set as backdoor/master passwords. If it's made by Dell the serial number might be the backdoor password. Have you been to this site and tried the generators there?
I am not sure that they are Phoenix bios, I guess I "[censored]-u-me d". I have updated to the A17 thinking it may reset but did not work!!! tried finding who made it but no luck!! I did not know or think of trying one of the other keys that had 8 digits, other than the suggested dell or thought of the serial ,it is 11 digits but I will give that a try and post back