Bios Mods -The Best BIOS Update and Modification Source

Full Version: Another try Please, Dv6 6c00/Dv7 6c00
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
HP dv6/dv7 6c00 intel Download from HP

need advanced menu if its possible
I saw in another forum wich is possible to mod the bios with a tool call'd Universal BIOS Backup ToolKit 2.0
sorry for asking again for it,
up please
(04-24-2012, 04:02 PM)etiko Wrote: [ -> ]up please

Also requesting this bios. HP DV6Z-6C00 Quad Edition. Advanced menu, option to use dedicated GPU only.
I've requested this too.

For those who might not understand. HP recently replaced all it's DV6 series with this model, the older DV6z-6100 is no longer shipped and thus all those modded BIOS's are useless for those who purchased it after winter.

This BIOS does not have the fixed mode graphics option and forces the user to use the on board iGPU for everything, especially OpenGL. It will only assign programs to the 7690M dGPU if the special HP driver has a profile for it, otherwise it'll force them to run on the iGPU. It's been driving me crazy because I basically don't have a dGPU installed now, it's there but the computer has it powered off even when on AC power. The DV6t's got a BIOS update that allows them to force the dGPU on but no the DV6t's.