Bios Mods -The Best BIOS Update and Modification Source

Full Version: HP Pavilion dv6-3302er Bios whitelist removal
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi all.
Can you help me please? I have a laptop HP Pavilion dv6-3302er. But I can not find the BIOS without whitelist specifically for my model. Can you help me? Thank you.

PS
Original HP BIOS is sp55299. So I think the problem is solved. Will set sp55299_NWL_ByCamiloml.exe

But I do not know how to install it. Do I need to create an installation flash drive, or maybe install from within Windows to run the file exe (with use InsydeFlash.exe)?

Any way, thank you for your work, Camiloml
With this BIOS (sp55299_NWL_ByCamiloml.exe) laptop is died on next day.
(05-09-2012, 11:08 PM)skywalker Wrote: [ -> ]With this BIOS (sp55299_NWL_ByCamiloml.exe) laptop is died on next day.

I had the same issue with sp55299_NWL_ByCamiloml.exe; after flashing, and putting the new new card in, it seemed to work fine for a few hours, and after several reboots.

When it worked, the BIOS error that states incorrect hardware is detected would show before starting Windows on the screen for a second, but the laptop would boot fine.

Then, the laptop would start when I pressed the power button, the fan & LED lights came on, but nothing else. Blank screen, no blinking LED codes or beeps, and no hard drive activity.

To recover, I had to make a USB key with the original BIOS, and perform the Windows + B + Power button sequence.

I had pretty much the same experience with this BIOS mod on another laptop, a HP DV7-4070us (requires same BIOS)

Laptop Models - HP DV7-4070US & DV7-4280US
BIOS Version - Insyde F.29 sp55299.exe
Current Wifi card - Intel® WiFi Link 1000 BGN
Current ID - PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_0084&SUBSYS_13158086&REV_00
New Wifi card - Intel® Centrino® Advanced-N 6235
New ID - PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_088E&SUBSYS_40608086&REV_24