Bios Mods -The Best BIOS Update and Modification Source

Full Version: Dell XPS L702x BIOS A17 - Can't recognize Intel HD Graphics, fix in hidden menu :(
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello,

I have the Dell XP 17 laptop with GeForce GT 555M 3GB 3D.
I have the official A17 BIOS

Now it seems Windows 7 does not recognize the internal Intel HD Graphics graphic card and only the GeForce and I need the Intel one (alongside the nvidia's one).
After a little research it seems the problems is that the Intel card is disabled in the BIOS and the menu that enables it is hidden.

Can someone help me unlock this hidden menu or at least enable both Intel HD Graphics and Nvidia GeForce GT 555m graphic cards?

Thank you!
I buy everyone who helps me a beer Big Grin
i have the same l702x with the same 555m and the same a17. with default bios settings, the 2 graphics cards are both identified.check your drivers in windows device manager?
if you have problems in it, may you should install the right drivers in right order
I tried uninstalling the nvidia driver and delete any files of the driver so windows won't install it automatically but then it recognized some Standard VGA graphic adapter.
I reinstalled the nvidia driver it remained the same.
Under Device Manager -> Display Adapters : there's only one record, NVIDIA GeForce GT 555M.
When I try to install the intel driver it says it doesn't recognize the intel GPU.

Any advice on what to do from here?
(05-09-2012, 01:18 PM)marstone Wrote: [ -> ]i have the same l702x with the same 555m and the same a17. with default bios settings, the 2 graphics cards are both identified.check your drivers in windows device manager?
if you have problems in it, may you should install the right drivers in right order

Realy the same L702X? With FHD 3D display as Nusnus? Only L702X with non-3D displays can use Intel GPU built into main CPU (and Optimus also).
(02-15-2013, 06:25 PM)rokal Wrote: [ -> ]
(05-09-2012, 01:18 PM)marstone Wrote: [ -> ]i have the same l702x with the same 555m and the same a17. with default bios settings, the 2 graphics cards are both identified.check your drivers in windows device manager?

Realy the same L702X? With FHD 3D display as Nusnus? Only L702X with non-3D displays can use Intel GPU built into main CPU (and Optimus also).

rokal is right...