Bios Mods -The Best BIOS Update and Modification Source

Full Version: T180 athlon 64 x2
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
What is the difference of those two bios (Abit and RC-01). I have flashed my bios with the 61AO615 bios and the only lack is the memory timing. I would like to loosen the timing to prevent me from buying the g-skills ram as specified in the wiki. That way I would be able to put the RAM at 533 and set the timing at cl5.

But I think in the forum the wizz already stated that I need the Abit bios, but I can't recall if there was issue with the Athon 64 x2 or if it was the athlon 2 ??

My spec are
t-180 of course
athlon 64 x2 3600+ (1.9ghz brisbane) @ 2470mhz 1.25v
2 ram 512mb 333@ 411mhz cl5
2 kvr 400 1go@ 411mhz cl5
HT multi X3

I increase the HT multi with Ntune when windows start
if I let the multi at X4 the system won't boot pass 248 FSB

now I'm at 260 FSB

Thank in advance

I don't want to brick the T-180 this is why I ask
OK so I learned by myself that ntune is crap so I won't use it anymore The OS keep rebooting... and after, in safe mode, I couldn't even uninstall it ...so I deactivate it in msconfig

I tried to flash with the abit bios and I would have need to force-flash so It's a no go for me... (just to keep it safe)

So could anyone can confirm that we can't adjust the RAM timing I and will forget everything/get some sleep...lol

I lie to myself if I can't confess that I'm an overclocking frenzy (a bit frantic)
just a bit

by the way It's an athlon 64 x2 1.9ghz at 2.454ghz and now the ram is at 409mhz
fsb 259 in bios cpu-z report at 258.xx

I had reactived the cool'N quiet feature but in the power management of win7 I put lower and max at 100% for the cpu

An advice from a forum mate that I can't recall the name sorry..

and thank everyone for sharingWink