Bios Mods -The Best BIOS Update and Modification Source

Full Version: Whitelist Removal Lenovo Y470P
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I've tried the solution from this thread: http://www.bios-mods.com/forum/Thread-Re...enovo-Y470
But I cannot flash it to my y470p.
Any ideas are appreciated Big Grin
bump!
I am having the same issue... I would like to have the bios modded. I want to be able to select the option to use only the discrete graphics chip. Right now it only has the option to use the Hybrid (switchable) graphics, or the integrated chip from Intel. Any Help would be greatly appreciated.
I'm having the same issue, the BIOS version for my y470p is:

59CN18WW(V2.03), 2/14/2012

This BIOS version is not available for download, at least not that I'm aware of. Is there a way to dump the BIOS image from my computer?

I've been unable to flash the files on the other thread, see my comments there.

(07-16-2012, 11:00 AM)DarkCell Wrote: [ -> ]I am having the same issue... I would like to have the bios modded. I want to be able to select the option to use only the discrete graphics chip. Right now it only has the option to use the Hybrid (switchable) graphics, or the integrated chip from Intel. Any Help would be greatly appreciated.

I think it is not possible to enable only the discrete GPU because of the way the GPU switching works. The dedicated GPU has no connection to the display, so it uses the integrated GPU to get the framebuffer to the display. The intergrated GPU must be on all the time because of this. If you disable the integrated GPU, there will be no video output.