Bios Mods -The Best BIOS Update and Modification Source

Full Version: Gigabyte MA-770 UD3
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello, I have this mobo(revision 1.0) and I have kingston hyper X ddr2 1066 which should be running on 2.2 voltage, but my mobo only lets me set from 1.8V to something like arround 2.15V, can you make a modifed bios that allows me to set the voltage at least at 2.3 to 2.35.

Thank you in advance
Please post bios link!

TheWiz
http://www.gigabyte.com.tw/Support/Mothe...eType=BIOS&FileID=15108

Here it is, from the gigabyte site, just click on the continent...
Im having trouble finding the menu with the voltage options. I see CPU voltage, tat's it. Ccan you point me to the menu.

Thx

TheWiz
Nevermind I found the values. The most you can get is an additional .375. That would bring you from 1.8 to 2.175 which is basically 2.2. Seems thats all your board will take, and there's no way to add a voltage setting, but they should operate fine.

TheWiz
Thank you for looking that, I cant believe thay made such an error, the board suports memory to 1200mghz and kingston hyperX pc9600(i think that is the name) which runs on 1200 should be set to 2.3 or 2.35V, what would have happened if I bought that memory? the computer would not even start, why do thay say it suports that when you cant set the voltage...
No I completly understand what you're saying, I've been in your spot b4. But if you go to G.SKILL or OCZ's site you can get some quality overclocking RAM @ 1066 that runs at 2.0v, so if you can return an get better volts you'll be fine. Ill try to see if I can find a link for you if you are still in a return window.

TheWiz
Thank you, but I am satisfied with this ram, I will not overclok it, I am just saying what if I bought the faster one, what then,I dont like gigabyte very much, in past I have had MSI and ASUS and never had any problems,with this one the voltage,than the drivers for windows vista and windows 7,than there isnt an update for ahci bios(hope it will be soon)