Bios Mods -The Best BIOS Update and Modification Source

Full Version: [request] HP Probook 6460b (sp55676) - Whitelist Removal
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi, I'm looking for a way to mod my BIOS to support my new Wifi card...

Find more about my configuration:

PC: HP Probook 6460b
BIOS Type: Compaq EFI
BIOS Revision: 68SCE Ver. F.22

This bios can be found there:
ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp55501-56000/sp55676.exe
Warning: This setup file contains 2 bioses: 68SCE and 68SCF

The native wifi card (in the whitelist card) is a:
Broadcom 4313GN
PCI\VEN_14E4&DEV_4727&SUBSYS_145C103C&REV_01
PCI\VEN_14E4&DEV_4727&SUBSYS_145C103C
PCI\VEN_14E4&DEV_4727&CC_028000
PCI\VEN_14E4&DEV_4727&CC_0280

Cheers and thanks in advance for any suggestion to help me doing it by myself and/or direct modding (I would be glad to mod it by myself on newer BIOS revisions).

Yann

PS: I tried to decompress my BIOS with ADDCC v3 but it raises an error on decompressing... If anyone know how I can contact the programmer of ADDCC?
Hi, I have the same configuration and I want to replace the wifi Intel ® Centrino ® Wireless-N 1030 or N 6230 please whitelist Removal
So is it possible or not? I've heard if bios is RSA signed then we can forget about whitelist removal. But i don't know if it's RSA signed...
Only using an SPI Programmer can do this job !
Regards
(05-14-2015, 12:27 PM)BDMaster Wrote: [ -> ]Only using an SPI Programmer can do this job !
Regards

Hello, I know it's an ancient thread, but I appear to own an HP Probook 6460b, and a CH341a SPI programmer. I used it to successfully remove Intel ME (thanks to ME Cleaner). Now, my difficulty is to find a tool able to mod this BIOS - in order to remove the whitelist... which obviously I haven't found yet.
If you know of any, could you please enlighten me ?

If interested in modding it yourself, I could pay a few bucks - though I would very much prefer to learn (because this is rare knowledge which has to survive somehow).

Have a nice evening,
Antoine Viallon

PS: I joined you the original and ME_cleaned version of my BIOS