Bios Mods -The Best BIOS Update and Modification Source

Full Version: I apologize I can't figure out where to put this.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi, I'm running on a very old Emachine T3092 and I'll make this as short as possible.
Earlier this week I finally happened to notice that my CPU speed is clocked at 1.3Ghz when I knew it was supposed to be over 2Ghz.
After hours of searching I found out that for some reason the manufacturer BIOS provided has it throttled down to 1.3Ghz because it runs it at 100MHz instead of 166.
So I eventually, painstakingly, found a download link for the modded bios that would allow me to change all that.
Unfortunately the modded BIOS probably had more done to it than was ever needed which made it quite unstable. I eventually gave up on it even though the CPU speeds were great.

So, here I am, trying to see if I can get help with modding my own or getting my BIOS modded just strictly to set the 100MHz to 166MHz on both the CPU and RAM.

Which is where I run into my next problem. You see, I see sections for Phoenix BIOS and Award BIOS but when running Everest it shows that my BIOS comes from both. Which is really confusing. (I guess I don't know which is which.)

Here's the info it gives me.

Motherboard
CPU Type AMD Athlon XP, 1300 MHz (13 x 100) 1700+ <-- That should be 2.167GHz or something to that effect.
Motherboard Name FIC K7M-NF18G (AU31) (3 PCI, 1 AGP, 2 DDR DIMM, Audio, Video, LAN)
Motherboard Chipset nVIDIA nForce2 IG2
DIMM1: Crucial CT12864Z40B.K16TY 1 GB PC3200 DDR SDRAM (3.0-3-3-8 @ 200 MHz) (2.5-3-3-7 @ 166 MHz) (2.0-2-2-6 @ 133 MHz)
DIMM2: Same as DIMM1
BIOS Type Award (05/12/04)
  • BIOS Version Version TCB427G
  • Award BIOS Type Phoenix-Award BIOS v6.00PG
  • Award BIOS Message Version TCB427G
  • System BIOS Date 05/12/04

DMI BIOS Vendor Phoenix Technologies, LTD
DMI System Manufacturer eMachines
DMI Motherboard Manufacturer First International Computer, Inc.
DMI Motherboard Product AU31
DMI Motherboard Version PCB 1.x

I'm well aware that this is quite an old BIOS and Motherboard but I do desperately need the help. I just need to know if it's possible to have values changed in the original BIOS file (like just editing the number from 100 to 166) or if it has to be given the option within the BIOS to be switched manually at start up, or if it requires something else entirely.
I'm not very computer illiterate, this is just new ground for me.

Thank you for any help you all may provide and please move this to the correct section, I'm sorry I couldn't figure it out.

P.S. I'm not sure if this makes a difference but I noticed that the editor for phoenix BIOS hosted on this site only takes ROM and some other file type. My BIOS files are in .BIN format. Not sure what that means or if I can get support for this.
I've provided the both the original BIOS I reverted to and the modded BIOS I tried.