Bios Mods -The Best BIOS Update and Modification Source

Full Version: [Request] DELL XPS L501X C-States control menu
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I have a DELL XPS L501X with a Samsung SSD 830 but due to the various chipset saving features it does not perform well (bad 4K read & writes).
If possible; for all members out there to help me out by providing a modded BIOS with capabilities to disable C- States (OR power saving features) I will be thankful.

-Manufacturer: DELL
-Model: XPS L501X
-Bios revision: A08
-Bios Type: Phoenix BIOS
-Bios Download Link: http://downloads.dell.com/bios/L501X_A08.exe

Thank you,
spidey1808

Edit: I know there is a previous version A06 available but mine has A08
Check my pm.Wink
Also the changes between a06 and a08 are extremely slim.
I have a mod for the nvidia rom which undervolts it if you are interested btw.

With regards to the SSD it might be due to the L501X only supporting Sata II(3gb/s).
How are drivers a solution to my problem? Besides I have the latest one installed from their respective sites. Smile
this was spam, i have deleted the previous reply .
We are still researching method for unlocking UEFI, i will let you knew about any news Smile
(06-03-2012, 07:36 AM)wofy Wrote: [ -> ]Check my pm.Wink
Also the changes between a06 and a08 are extremely slim.
I have a mod for the nvidia rom which undervolts it if you are interested btw.

With regards to the SSD it might be due to the L501X only supporting Sata II(3gb/s).

Hi wofy,

I am very interested in the NVIDIA rom if you could provide it please? Does it open in programs like NBITOR?

Also how would I go about extracting the NVIDIA bios from the Dell BIOS image? I am looking to change the clocks as I have been running mine overclocked to the same speed as a GT 550m for months with no issues what so ever. It actually runs a fair bit faster than that stable but I lowered it to be on the safe side.
(06-13-2012, 01:21 PM)AHMED HOSSAM Wrote: [ -> ]this was spam, i have deleted the previous reply .
We are still researching method for unlocking UEFI, i will let you knew about any news Smile

Waiting for any news about the UEFI Cool