Bios Mods -The Best BIOS Update and Modification Source

Full Version: [REQUEST] Dell Alienware M17x R4 BIOS Unlock
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Nobody who can help ?
Still nobody who would like to unlock this BIOS for me ?
Three months later.... still nobody who can help ?
There's a version available on the new for quite a while now, easy to find with google: M17x R4 A05 unlocked
My lappy is alienware m17x r4, with A11 bios of insydeh20.
For the last few days, I tried to flash an unlocked a11 bios but it seemed not to work due to the write protection.
Can some one help me to pass this issue?
Any help is appreciate, thanks.
Solved
Can you please tell me how did you manage to flash the bios?
I also get bios write protection when trying to flash a modded bios on Lenovo Insyde bios.
Any Progress ?
(06-20-2014, 12:51 PM)Zeeck Wrote: [ -> ]Any Progress ?

Ok friend,
this is your Menu Tabs :

Form Sets
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Offset: Title:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
0x1AEE0 Advanced (0x4)
0x1C4C0 Wireless (0x9E)
0x1C770 Boot (0x139)
0x1D310 Security (0x115)
0x1F300 Main (0xE6)
0x1F800 Power (0x3B3)
0x21CB0 Advanced (0x191)
0x2B380 Main (0x3)
0x2B600 Exit (0x16D)

I will give a look !
Regards
I am trying to get my m17x R4 to work again. I have a bad thermal sensor that thinks its hotter that it is - shuts down before booting.

I am able to work outside in the winter with it and have upgraded it to all stock bios up to ver A12 to no avail. 

Looking for the unlocked bios A08 or more so that I can disable thermal shutdown or at least change the temp for shutdown to something higher. 

Pretty sad that I have an expensive brick because of a bad 5cent thermistor.... Have looked elsewhere but the unlocked bios files for this seem to be missing or no longer available.

Any help is appreciated.

InsydeH20 bios.
Alienware m17x R4 Bios (stock A08)
Pages: 1 2 3