Bios Mods -The Best BIOS Update and Modification Source

Full Version: can someone help about HP dv2 1020et?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I need slic2.1 for windows 7 installation. I preordered my original copy but only 3 days left to last activation date so I need a brand new bios rom with slic 2.1 :-)

thank you.
(10-18-2009, 06:33 PM)zokkan Wrote: [ -> ]I need slic2.1 for windows 7 installation. I preordered my original copy but only 3 days left to last activation date so I need a brand new bios rom with slic 2.1 :-)

thank you.

The hp BIOS appears to ba a rompaq type bios with the dual slics. It can be modified, but most likely will not update to 2.1 SLIC..The second slic is protected and cannot be opened...sorry...

The best thing to do is wait until HP issues a bios update for Windows 7 which will have a SLIC 2.1 in it.
(10-18-2009, 09:03 PM)Busykid508 Wrote: [ -> ]
(10-18-2009, 06:33 PM)zokkan Wrote: [ -> ]I need slic2.1 for windows 7 installation. I preordered my original copy but only 3 days left to last activation date so I need a brand new bios rom with slic 2.1 :-)

thank you.

The hp BIOS appears to ba a rompaq type bios with the dual slics. It can be modified, but most likely will not update to 2.1 SLIC..The second slic is protected and cannot be opened...sorry...

The best thing to do is wait until HP issues a bios update for Windows 7 which will have a SLIC 2.1 in it.

I see, thank you for your reply. So it is safe to wait until I recieve my legal copy anyway :-)

thank you again :-)