Bios Mods -The Best BIOS Update and Modification Source

Full Version: Notebook display
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi Bios experts!
Note: I have successfully swapped notebook dislays for repairs a couple of times for friends and never had issues with the compatibility, even when choosing a totally different display manufacturer, it always worked somehow, the connectors being the same all over the world.

Now, I was unhappy with my notebook´s display being glossy and I wantetd to swap it to an non-glossy display. Also i thought, why not give it a try and use a display with higher resolution as well.
My notebook is a lenovo z570 (1366x768) and I bought an thinkpad´s 1920x1080 display which has exactly the same connector.
When finishing the swap and turning on the computer, I also got a picture and windows booted. It also lets me choose the display resolution to 1920x1080, which is fine, but the whole thing has one mayor drawback:
Every second (or so) vertical line of the display is drawn white... not only in windows but also in every other os. even in the bios setup screen.
I still have the old 1366x768 resolution somehow hardwired in my system and can´t use the full 1080 resolution the display is capable of.(even though windows knows that there is a 1080 display connected)...the rest of the lines are drawn white..
Does anyone of you experts know if there is a value of the display´s native resolution in the BIOS?
Do you guys have any other ideas?
Hey Guys well I think that you can find proper notebook displays from here:

alibaba.com/showroom/notebook-display.html

Double Ended Beam Load Cells