Bios Mods -The Best BIOS Update and Modification Source

Full Version: Unlock BIOS for ACER M3610
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello everyone,

I have a request which might sound a bit noobish, but anyway..

I have an Acer m3610 with a Pentium e2140 1.6ghz dual processor.

I have read that this processor is easily overclocked. However my BIOS

does not give the overclocking options

My question is, if the new Bios (available at Acer - v.R01-B0 2008) is

installed, and modded will these options become available?

MOTHERBOARD MAKE: ACEr m3610 MODEL: MRS600M

Bios Version is R01-A2

http://support.acer-euro.com/drivers/downloads_gd.html

One other q is whether or not upgrading/flashing the BIOS is dangerous, and

if you could provide any help with overclocking?

Id appreciate any assistance,

Cheerz

T.
Sorry, but this board has nothing when it comes to overclocking. Just make sure that hyperthreading is enabled in the bios, which by default should be, and keep a clean system.

Sorry,

TheWiz
(10-21-2009, 06:30 PM)TheWiz Wrote: [ -> ]Sorry, but this board has nothing when it comes to overclocking. Just make sure that hyperthreading is enabled in the bios, which by default should be, and keep a clean system.

Sorry,

TheWiz

Ok thanks.
(10-22-2009, 04:55 AM)Tbop Wrote: [ -> ]
(10-21-2009, 06:30 PM)TheWiz Wrote: [ -> ]Sorry, but this board has nothing when it comes to overclocking. Just make sure that hyperthreading is enabled in the bios, which by default should be, and keep a clean system.

Sorry,

TheWiz

Ok thanks.

Just to clarify, are you saying that the BIOS cannot be modded? It would appear that other Acer BIOS have been modded on this board, which is why I posted.

Thanks again
Well when you say other bioses have been modded for this board, are you referring to the specific make and model, computer model, or bios version. Tthis version itself has nothing to unlock, they're may be an older or newer that does, or you may be referring to a retail version of this board.

TheWiz

I took a second look. You already have CPU clock ration and memorytiming setting. Tthe only thing you dont have in this bios thats unlockable are PCI-E options that are useless.
(10-22-2009, 04:10 PM)TheWiz Wrote: [ -> ]Well when you say other bioses have been modded for this board, are you referring to the specific make and model, computer model, or bios version. Tthis version itself has nothing to unlock, they're may be an older or newer that does, or you may be referring to a retail version of this board.

TheWiz

I took a second look. You already have CPU clock ration and memorytiming setting. Tthe only thing you dont have in this bios thats unlockable are PCI-E options that are useless.

Ahh ok - thanks for looking - I was referring to the upgraded bios in my original post - there is one available on the acer website (the link is attached to my first post) v.R01-B0.

Would you know if there are more features on that particular BIOS version which are unlockable?

Thanks again!