Bios Mods -The Best BIOS Update and Modification Source

Full Version: alienware area 51 m15x unlocked bios
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
I was wondering if there's anyone else that could help us with this. I know Ahmed was working on it but he hasn't been on for a while. I don't know if he is the only one that can do it on this forum I hope not. Anyways thanks for your help!
(01-31-2013, 12:48 PM)CesarAD Wrote: [ -> ]I was wondering if there's anyone else that could help us with this. I know Ahmed was working on it but he hasn't been on for a while. I don't know if he is the only one that can do it on this forum I hope not. Anyways thanks for your help!

I would also be very grateful if anyone could find time to help out with this, I have tried to understand how to do it myself, but it is not like anything I have done before...
I understand Ahmed hasn't been on for a while but I'm just surprised no one else has given us any updates or anything. I have no idea how to find anyone here in charge of this particular forum and I doubt Ahmed was the only one. I just hope someone is paying attention to this. There are quite a few people looking for this and interested in this. Hopefully something happens soon, at least a notification from an administrator or something.
Hello,

I have an old Alienware Area-51 m15x R-1 laptop, i am requesting to have this bios unlocked. I have tried myself but can not seem to figure it out. A moderator, AHMED HOSSAM, was nearly complete but a few days before finishing the bios he disappeared. All i would like to do is overclock my cpu(X9000) about 10%-20% and maybe undervolt. Any help or guidance would be most appreciated.

V/r
Tutsuo

BIOS FILES :
Here is the ISO X36.ISO
Here is the extracted rom X36.rom
Hello,

Sorry to say that your bios is not locked, but simply doesn't have the option anywhere. AllI can suggest you is that your CPU have unlocked mutiplier, and I think that would be the side to go. Also, have you tried setfsb, setpll or any other tools?

Acrilex
(05-03-2014, 12:04 PM)acrilex Wrote: [ -> ]Hello,

Sorry to say that your bios is not locked, but simply doesn't have the option anywhere. All I can suggest you is that your CPU have unlocked mutiplier, and I think that would be the side to go. Also, have you tried setfsb, setpll or any other tools?

Acrilex

HI !

Thanks for your reply. My CPU is an X9000 Extreme supposedly unlocked. If the bios is unlocked is there anyway to add options in there? I have seen bios with extra options put in them. And yes i have tried SetFSB but im not 100% sure about where to find the PLL chip on my mother-board(laptop) and i heard some where that SeFSB did not support my mother-board.
Pages: 1 2 3