Bios Mods -The Best BIOS Update and Modification Source

Full Version: Here's an odd inquiry...flashing the BIOS of onboard video.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
My brother's computer had a Geforce 7600 GS in it. Fine for any hardware rendering of web browsing or Windows GUI. Two capacitors blew on it for no apparent reason.

Now he's stuck on an Athlon 64 3800+ at 2.7 GHz, 1 GB of RAM, and...a Geforce 6100 IGP.

He was originally using a 3000+ on a DFI NF4-DAGF, but the blown GPU means there's nothing on hand to put in there for display. Now he's using the motherboard from an Acer Aspire T180 with the Abit NF-M2S BIOS from this site. I modified that BIOS a bit to unlock vCore controls.

I can rip the video BIOS easily with GPU-Z, but I can't find a way to flash it back after modifying it. Stock clock speed is 425 MHz, but it runs stable at 600 MHz. I'd rather not use software overclocking methods because they create overhead on an already weak PC.

Any ideas on how to do this? NVflash doesn't see the IGP, but Nibitor has no issue editing the BIOS.