Forum RSS Feed Follow @ Twitter Follow On Facebook

Thread Rating:
  • 8 Vote(s) - 4.88 Average
[-]
Welcome
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username:

Password:

[-]
Latest Threads
[REQUEST] Lenovo G50-70 (9ACNxxWW) BIOS ...
Last Post: colin89
Today 06:04 PM
» Replies: 140
» Views: 40981
[Request] HP Elitebook 6930P WLAN Whitel...
Last Post: k24a1
Today 05:28 PM
» Replies: 16
» Views: 6576
[REQUEST + BOUNTY] Lenovo Thinkpad P14s ...
Last Post: loadit
Today 02:23 PM
» Replies: 3
» Views: 86
[REQUEST] Lenovo Yoga 2 Pro (76CNxxWW) W...
Last Post: Dudu2002
Today 10:53 AM
» Replies: 845
» Views: 317143
[REQUEST] Lenovo Thinkpad E130 (H4ETxxWW...
Today 10:51 AM
» Replies: 509
» Views: 101078
[REQUEST] Lenovo Yoga 11E (N15ETxxW) Whi...
Today 08:15 AM
» Replies: 5
» Views: 2524
[REQUEST] CPU Support for Ryzen 5 3600 o...
Last Post: flexpavillion
Today 04:32 AM
» Replies: 1
» Views: 339
Clevo P775TM1-G BIOS
Last Post: ActivatedNut
Today 01:36 AM
» Replies: 145
» Views: 55328
ASUS P5G41T-M LX2/GB Unlocked Hidden Ove...
Last Post: GangsteR23
Yesterday 04:58 PM
» Replies: 25
» Views: 64134
lenovo z570 Advanced Menu Unlocked
Last Post: Kaluva12345
Yesterday 04:58 PM
» Replies: 7
» Views: 4102
Lenovo ThinkCentre M715q 2nd Gen & AMD R...
Last Post: RedfieldHUN1987
Yesterday 09:23 AM
» Replies: 2
» Views: 148
L14 Gen 3 AMD , Need UEFI unlock advance...
Last Post: frankeinstein2532555
Yesterday 04:08 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 98
[REQUEST] Lenovo Y400 & Y500 (6BCNxxWW) ...
Last Post: freedome
03-26-2024 11:00 PM
» Replies: 188
» Views: 52220
[REQUEST] Lenovo G510 (79CNxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: ghostinoss
03-26-2024 09:21 PM
» Replies: 655
» Views: 167256
[Request] CPU support for Lenovo IQ57I
Last Post: DeathBringer
03-26-2024 10:02 AM
» Views: 240
unlocked Bios for Machenike s16
03-26-2024 09:06 AM
» Views: 331
[REQUEST] Bios Unlock Whitelist HP DV6-6...
Last Post: DimanTLT63
03-26-2024 03:03 AM
» Views: 146
[REQUEST] HP Pavilion G6-1252ss Whitelis...
Last Post: joseefitness
03-26-2024 01:40 AM
» Views: 130
[REQUEST] Lenovo S310 & S410 (8BCNxxWW) ...
Last Post: morgley
03-25-2024 10:43 PM
» Replies: 14
» Views: 6334
Acer Nitro ANV15-51 Bios Bin File Reques...
Last Post: Papethzkie23
03-25-2024 06:04 PM
» Views: 141

HP MCP61PM-HM (Nettle2) 5.27 With Unlocked Overclocking Options
[Image: ECSNettle2.jpg]
For screenshots of BIOS setup, please visit http://bios-mods.com/blog/unlocked-mothe...ail-bbios/

We finally have some really really exciting news. The battle for these common boards to have stable OC menus, voltage modification, Phenom II support, and a professional retail BIOS has finally come. Our most helpful members banana19 and MrTangoWhiskey have found an ABIT retail BIOS, that successfully flashes to all of the OEM boards mentioned with full control of voltage, OC, and has support for all Phenom I/II proccessors.

So before we get to specifics, a brief timeline on the modding proccess for this motherboard. This has been going on for over a year, and it has taken a lot of support and research to get this board where it should be. We originally started off modifying the HP BIOS for the board. we were able to get overclocking options from it, but the menu was very unstable and items were always floating on the screen. After about 8 months of searching for the solution within the HP BIOS, we realized that poor coding quality in the BIOS was unfixable, and it was time to find the retail fit. I had been doing research on this when a kind member on the forum pointed that this BIOS had all the goods. Its version numbers were similar, it had the same chipset (BIOS donated from ABIT board) and abit has always been known for having overclocking options. With this unlock, we have unlocked what we would see in a retail award bios. The most appealing features are control of AMD Cool and Quiet, Adjustment of CPU FSB, PhenomII support (65-95W recommended) and even setting the voltage and memory timings.

That said, what are you waiting for? Here’s what we need to get started:
1. First, we need to prepare a bootable USB to launch DOS and flash the new BIOS. To do so, download the HP USB disk format tool and install it here

2. Once installed, open the utility and select the USB to format. Below, tick the bubble for creating an MSDOS startup disk. It will then want you to point it to a DOS image folder. You will need to download and unzip this DOS image (do NOT use your own DOS image) here Once it has completed formating your drive, open up the USB in My Computer. Verify that there are only three files on the USB, making sure to unhide protected operating system files in explorer to see them. If you see three DOS files, you are ready for the next phase.

3. Now we will copy over the ABIT BIOS image as well as the flash utility. You will need download AWDFLASH and copy it over to your USB here Once awdflash has been copied over, download the Bios image and save it to your usb from here

4. Once these files have been copied over, you are ready to flash. Reboot windows, and when the BIOS screen comes up hold down Esc and select your USB to boot off of. You will then see a WIN98 splashscreen temporarily flash and you will be in DOS. Once at the prompt, type in the following command:

awdflash M613Z_19.BIN /py /sn /cc / cd /cp /wb /r

Once you type this in you should see on screen the progress of the BIOS flash. When it has finished, it will automatically restart the systen. When it does, tap the delete key to eter the BIOS. There are a couple of this that you will instantly have to do for the best results. Set Smart Fan to Auto in PC Health setup, Enable HPET Support in Advanced BIOS setup, and in the standard setup, MAKE SURE that the floppy is disabled, or it may stall windows for several odd reasons. Out of our four testers, we have all had success with this mod, each on a different board. I was a second tester for the Nettle2 and have a few more words. If you are planning to do this, I recommend backing up windows in case you have to reformat, which wasn’t that bad considering WHS backs up my data. Also, if you hear loud fan noise do not worry. First off, I am the only tester who had tis issue, but if you do have this issue then unplugging the rear system fan on the back of the case will instantly make the box silent, and colling isn’t affected. I have also made a work around for solving the fan speed issue, if you need it (which you shouldn’t) then you can hit the support forum. We are ensuring 24hr. technical support for these boards, and by become a member of Bios Mods (free) you can post on the forums with any questions.
www find
thx for evrything. but could you provide a download link for HP winflash. thx in advance
find
You have two options, flash in DOS or flash in Windows. I think DOS is safer so I attached the instructions below. If you want to do it with HP Winflash then download the original BIOS v.5.27 here:
http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softw...pv-63120-1&lc=en&dlc=en&cc=us&product=3436817&os=2093&lang=en

Extract the exe with an extraction utility, I use 7 zip. Then once extracted, replace Net5.27 with the modded bios file posted, and make sure that the modded bios that you replaced is also called Net5.27. Then just run your setup. You have to be in vista 32bit I believe for winflash. If you are in windows 7 or 64 bit I would reccomend following the instructions below.

To do it correctly, make your usb bootable by following these simple instructions:
Launch the DiskPart utility by typing diskpart at the Start Menu or run box.
Then run the list disk command to check the status of your drive.
Now run select disk 1 where the "1" is actually the corresponding number of your USB drive.
Run clean.
Once the thumb drive is clean, you can run create partition primary.
Now make the partition active by entering active
Then you need to set up the file system as Fat32 by running format fs=fat32 quick (quick, of course, specifies that you want to perform a quick format to speed up the process).
Entering the assign command gives the USB drive a drive letter, making it easy to access from Windows Explorer

Then go to bootdisk.com and download a windows 98 bootdisk. Extract it to the usb drive. Then copy awdflash.exe and the modded bios. Then run the utility and watch it flash in dos.

Hope this helped you,

TheWiz
www find
thx so much. Worked perfectly and I am finally able to overclock my AMD. I ended up flashing in DOS since I'm running Windows 7 RTM.
find
(07-29-2009, 09:09 PM)joemanbui Wrote: thx so much. Worked perfectly and I am finally able to overclock my AMD. I ended up flashing in DOS since I'm running Windows 7 RTM.

Glad it worked out for you!
TheWiz
www find
I did the modification as well, except when i did it, it completed and restarted, now the video won't come on when i boot the computer. I've tried two different monitors for the onboard vga adapter, and i even tried a PCI-E video card connected through DVI to a RCA HD TV and still didn't get video. What should i do??
find
Are you saying that you booted to a black screen? Otherwise how did you know your computer booted? Also, we are having some problems with the version 2, so can you confirm which version you tried.

If you are truly at a black screen, follow the award recovery procedures in the tutorial section.
Thanks,

Chris
www find
I used version two. i know it's booting because when i turned the computer on, it accessed the optical drive.

(10-09-2009, 10:13 AM)TheWiz Wrote: Are you saying that you booted to a black screen? Otherwise how did you know your computer booted? Also, we are having some problems with the version 2, so can you confirm which version you tried.

If you are truly at a black screen, follow the award recovery procedures in the tutorial section.
Thanks,

Chris
find
Okay, I think what might of happened is when I switched off soemthing I thought was causing the bug it also switched off a component it depended on, which while it doesn't make sense at all I think it could be the cause. So, the recovery to the original version reported to work shouldn't be a big deal. If you follow the award recovery section in the tutorial forum you should be good to go. To make this work, unplug your hdd so its forced to boot off the usb. On your usb you will want the parameters mentioned in the tutorial section for award recovery, but more importantly, place the modded bios for version 1 and you should be good to go. let me know if you need any clarification.
www find
Bios works, but the OC-menu is unstable...
The menu-items dance around as i move through them
find