Forum RSS Feed Follow @ Twitter Follow On Facebook

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[-]
Welcome
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username:

Password:

[-]
Latest Threads
[REQUEST] Lenovo Yoga 2 Pro (76CNxxWW) W...
Last Post: Dudu2002
Today 10:53 AM
» Replies: 845
» Views: 317071
[REQUEST] Lenovo Thinkpad E130 (H4ETxxWW...
Today 10:51 AM
» Replies: 509
» Views: 101052
[REQUEST] Lenovo Yoga 11E (N15ETxxW) Whi...
Today 08:15 AM
» Replies: 5
» Views: 2517
[REQUEST] Lenovo G50-70 (9ACNxxWW) BIOS ...
Today 07:23 AM
» Replies: 139
» Views: 40959
[REQUEST] CPU Support for Ryzen 5 3600 o...
Last Post: flexpavillion
Today 04:32 AM
» Replies: 1
» Views: 334
Clevo P775TM1-G BIOS
Last Post: ActivatedNut
Today 01:36 AM
» Replies: 145
» Views: 55304
ASUS P5G41T-M LX2/GB Unlocked Hidden Ove...
Last Post: GangsteR23
Yesterday 04:58 PM
» Replies: 25
» Views: 64129
lenovo z570 Advanced Menu Unlocked
Last Post: Kaluva12345
Yesterday 04:58 PM
» Replies: 7
» Views: 4095
[Request] HP Elitebook 6930P WLAN Whitel...
Last Post: Maxinator500
Yesterday 02:25 PM
» Replies: 15
» Views: 6565
Lenovo ThinkCentre M715q 2nd Gen & AMD R...
Last Post: RedfieldHUN1987
Yesterday 09:23 AM
» Replies: 2
» Views: 143
L14 Gen 3 AMD , Need UEFI unlock advance...
Last Post: frankeinstein2532555
Yesterday 04:08 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 89
[REQUEST] Lenovo Y400 & Y500 (6BCNxxWW) ...
Last Post: freedome
03-26-2024 11:00 PM
» Replies: 188
» Views: 52171
[REQUEST] Lenovo G510 (79CNxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: ghostinoss
03-26-2024 09:21 PM
» Replies: 655
» Views: 167138
[Request] CPU support for Lenovo IQ57I
Last Post: DeathBringer
03-26-2024 10:02 AM
» Views: 237
unlocked Bios for Machenike s16
03-26-2024 09:06 AM
» Views: 325
[REQUEST] Bios Unlock Whitelist HP DV6-6...
Last Post: DimanTLT63
03-26-2024 03:03 AM
» Views: 139
[REQUEST] HP Pavilion G6-1252ss Whitelis...
Last Post: joseefitness
03-26-2024 01:40 AM
» Views: 125
[REQUEST] Lenovo S310 & S410 (8BCNxxWW) ...
Last Post: morgley
03-25-2024 10:43 PM
» Replies: 14
» Views: 6331
Acer Nitro ANV15-51 Bios Bin File Reques...
Last Post: Papethzkie23
03-25-2024 06:04 PM
» Views: 137
[REQUEST] Lenovo G710 BIOS Whitelist Rem...
Last Post: si1975
03-25-2024 01:28 PM
» Replies: 468
» Views: 125407

[Request] HP 3300 Pro MT Bios Unlock/Mod
Hi.

I'm working on a few computers (all HP 3300 Pro MT), doing some upgrades, maintenance, etc. 
One of the upgrades is to install new graphic cards on the machines...and has it is well know (although I only found out about this issue when attempting to upgrade the machines) there is an issue with the chipset H61 and recent graphic cards.

Long story short, I already had purchased the new cards when I encountered this issue...and, in an attempt to fix this issue, after doing some research, I found out, that a possible solution would be to upgrade the bios on the machines to v8...problem was, the v8 is a 8mb rom, and this machines have the 4mb chip.

So, in a desperate attempt, I purchased some new eeproms (same has the ones on the board, just the 8mb version of the chip), and I also purchased a programmer to burn the chips.

I flashed the new chip with the v8 bios, soldered the chip on the board, installed the new graphic card, and voila...worked like a dream. 
It booted just fine, no more hanging on the bios, booted windows, everything worked perfectly...except for one little detail...the bios can no longer read the CPU fan rpm, even though the fan works just fine, the fan speed is adjusted according to the CPU temperature, but yet, it can't get an rpm reading...

Granted, this is a very minor issue, expect for the fact that every time the machine boots, it pops the "no cpu fan detected" warning, and the client needs to press F1 to continue. 

I have research like a mad man trying to figure out a solution, but no luck; and no there is no option by default on the bios to ignore the cpu fan.

I have attempted every possible bios version out there, from the 3300 pro, the 3400 and even 3500...and none solved the issue.

3300 Pro / 3400 Pro
  • 7.16 Rev. A - Boots, all works, can't install modern gfx.
  • 8.05 Rev. A - Boots, all works, expect CPU FAN RMP count.
  • 8.06 Rev. A - Boots, all works, expect CPU FAN RMP count.
  • 81.09 Rev. A - Boots, all works, expect CPU FAN RMP count.
  • 81.13 A - Boots, all works, expect CPU FAN RMP count.
  • 8.13 A - Boots, all works, expect CPU FAN RMP count.
3500 Pro
  • 8.12-A-1 Rev. A- - Boots, can't get into bios, no CPU fan warning, doesn't boot into windows (suspect secure boot is enabled).
  • 8.14 Rev. A - Boots, can't get into bios, no CPU fan warnings, doesn't boot into windows (suspect secure boot is enabled).
  • 8.19 A - Turns on, doesn't boot, no post.

After all this testing, I turned into bios editors, in hope I could simply disable the CPU fan check, or enable the option to disable the CPU fan check, since no option is present in the bios. 

I was happy to see that in version 7 of the bios there is such an option to disable the CPU fan check.

cpu fan check 716

Sadly, when trying to edit any version 8 of the bios, all i get is nonsense. 

bios options 813

There are options there, but most don't make much sense...it seams that the program can't load the bios properly. Ether that, or i'm doing something wrong. I have tried different versions, both of the software and bios, with no luck.

All I wan'ted at this point was simply to disable the annoying CPU fan warning on boot.

I'm positive that this is an issue with he bios, and not a hardware issue.

At this point in time I exceeded my knowledge in terms of bios modding...which is quite limited. 
If someone could give me a hand in modding one of the v8 bios, preferentially the 8.13A, to either ignore the CPU fan by default or to enable the option in the bios so I could disable the CPU fan check, I would be deeply thankful; even better would be, if possible, to fix a v8 so it would ready the CPU fan rpm probably, like the v7 does...I don't know if such thing is possible...to "transpose" "bits" from one bios into another just like that.

In any case, any help to solve this issued would be truly and greatly appreciated.

Dia
find
(06-09-2018, 01:58 AM)diabolicgod Wrote: Hi.

I'm working on a few computers (all HP 3300 Pro MT), doing some upgrades, maintenance, etc. 
One of the upgrades is to install new graphic cards on the machines...and has it is well know (although I only found out about this issue when attempting to upgrade the machines) there is an issue with the chipset H61 and recent graphic cards.

Long story short, I already had purchased the new cards when I encountered this issue...and, in an attempt to fix this issue, after doing some research, I found out, that a possible solution would be to upgrade the bios on the machines to v8...problem was, the v8 is a 8mb rom, and this machines have the 4mb chip.

So, in a desperate attempt, I purchased some new eeproms (same has the ones on the board, just the 8mb version of the chip), and I also purchased a programmer to burn the chips.

I flashed the new chip with the v8 bios, soldered the chip on the board, installed the new graphic card, and voila...worked like a dream. 
It booted just fine, no more hanging on the bios, booted windows, everything worked perfectly...except for one little detail...the bios can no longer read the CPU fan rpm, even though the fan works just fine, the fan speed is adjusted according to the CPU temperature, but yet, it can't get an rpm reading...

Granted, this is a very minor issue, expect for the fact that every time the machine boots, it pops the "no cpu fan detected" warning, and the client needs to press F1 to continue. 

I have research like a mad man trying to figure out a solution, but no luck; and no there is no option by default on the bios to ignore the cpu fan.

I have attempted every possible bios version out there, from the 3300 pro, the 3400 and even 3500...and none solved the issue.

3300 Pro / 3400 Pro
3500 Pro
  • 8.12-A-1 Rev. A- - Boots, can't get into bios, no CPU fan warning, doesn't boot into windows (suspect secure boot is enabled).
  • 8.14 Rev. A - Boots, can't get into bios, no CPU fan warnings, doesn't boot into windows (suspect secure boot is enabled).

After all this testing, I turned into bios editors, in hope I could simply disable the CPU fan check, or enable the option to disable the CPU fan check, since no option is present in the bios. 

I was happy to see that in version 7 of the bios there is such an option to disable the CPU fan check.

cpu fan check 716

bios options 813

There are options there, but most don't make much sense...it seams that the program can't load the bios properly. Ether that, or i'm doing something wrong. I have tried different versions, both of the software and bios, with no luck.

All I wan'ted at this point was simply to disable the annoying CPU fan warning on boot.

At this point in time I exceeded my knowledge in terms of bios modding...which is quite limited. 
If someone could give me a hand in modding one of the v8 bios, preferentially the 8.13A, to either ignore the CPU fan by default or to enable the option in the bios so I could disable the CPU fan check, I would be deeply thankful; even better would be, if possible, to fix a v8 so it would ready the CPU fan rpm probably, like the v7 does...I don't know if such thing is possible...to "transpose" "bits" from one bios into another just like that.

In any case, any help to solve this issued would be truly and greatly appreciated.

Dia

Hi~~
After read your thread  , i have made a mod for you here.
http://www.mediafire.com/file/csm4fv1wie...3.rom/file

I also have a hp 3330 system ,it's a sff type machine and i unlock some bios tab on it , but it also doesn't contain option "Cpu Fan check" like yours.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bq-Sc5U6MYM

So , i spend some times to try to unlock this option ,and i seems success on my machine ,visit below
[Image: JBqESbZ.jpg]

you can test my mod and i hope my mod can help you out.

Good luck
Feng

find
(06-09-2018, 08:07 AM)genius239 Wrote:
(06-09-2018, 01:58 AM)diabolicgod Wrote: Hi.

3300 Pro / 3400 Pro
3500 Pro

cpu fan check 716

bios options 813

Dia

Hi~~
After read your thread  , i have made a mod for you here.
http://www.mediafire.com/file/csm4fv1wie...3.rom/file

I also have a hp 3330 system ,it's a sff type machine and i unlock some bios tab on it , but it also doesn't contain option "Cpu Fan check" like yours.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bq-Sc5U6MYM

So , i spend some times to try to unlock this option ,and i seems success on my machine ,visit below
[Image: JBqESbZ.jpg]

you can test my mod and i  hope my mod can help you out.

Good luck
Feng

Hi Feng.

So I tried your modded bios, and sure enough, it work like a charm! Thank you so very much. 

The option is now there, I disabled it and now it boots juts fine, no more warnings...on the other hand  though, the LAN card its not getting detected now...i'm not 100% sure if this is a thing with your bios, or just a thing with this version of the bios itself...i don't recall testing the LAN before (because i was so obsess with figuring out the issue with the CPU fan, and usually the network cable was unplug anyway). 

Did you had to enable anything on the bios for it to work (at all), or mess around with anything?

Thank you, 
Dia
find
Version 8.13 bios i believe it is from other model ,so they are not 100% the same pcb design ,so maybe their lan chip or sound chip model was different or pcb lane desigon was different ,so it will get failure.(3330 bios size only 4mb ,8.13 is 8mb)
I can't sure this , you need to test it.

I also unlocked advanced and chipset tab  ,i think you can try to find option to adjust them  if it exist.

===============

My mod bios already unlock any write/read ,now you can use any tool to backup or flash ME region or bios region freely.
You don't need to desolder it again.
I usually use INTEL FPT tool to do this.

Feng

find
I want to ask a thing ,what new graph card do you install??
==============================
8.13 bios should compatible with IVB processor.

find
Yeah, i don't think that version 8.13 is gona work; the LAN part that is. 
I'm not sure what else to test...I tried messing with the options but no luck, even with the advanced stuff, but no, nothing made the LAN work.
I have tried the UBU updater on the bios, but din't made any difference.

Did not know about the INTEL FPT; will give it a try thank you.

I installed NVIDIA GT710 2GB on the machines, nothing fancy, just a minor upgrade (they where using the integrated card).

I have run out of ideas at this point. Everything is working but the LAN...which is kinda annoying. Worst case scenario I could get some PCI-E LAN cards, but that wouldn't be an ideal solution.

Could I ask you a favor and unlock me the 7.16 Rev. A? I have tried to unlock it several times but for some reason the advanced tabs never show up; not sure what i'm doing wrong. Also, if you could unlock the bios for any read/wire to would be great!

Thank you,
Dia
find
716 mod.
http://www.mediafire.com/file/qrtkueqkyw...6.rom/file

find
(06-11-2018, 11:19 PM)genius239 Wrote: 716 mod.

Perfect!! That did it! So simple and I was so over complicating it...

So yeah, the final, fully working solution was using the official 7.16 version, unlocked, and forcing the "PCI ROM Priority" to "Legacy ROM".

P 20180612 063007

Booted just fine with the graphic card and now everything is working just fine. Awesome!! 

Thank you so very much Feng; you saved my life! Wink

Dia
find

Is this file Still available somewhere? I have the same problem but that link is dead.
find

One more needs 716 mod can you please re-upload file...

Thanks
find