Forum RSS Feed Follow @ Twitter Follow On Facebook

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[-]
Welcome
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username:

Password:

[-]
Latest Threads
[REQUEST] Lenovo Yoga 11E (N15ETxxW) Whi...
Last Post: Dudu2002
Today 08:15 AM
» Replies: 5
» Views: 2512
[REQUEST] Lenovo G50-70 (9ACNxxWW) BIOS ...
Today 07:23 AM
» Replies: 139
» Views: 40954
[REQUEST] CPU Support for Ryzen 5 3600 o...
Last Post: flexpavillion
Today 04:32 AM
» Replies: 1
» Views: 312
Clevo P775TM1-G BIOS
Last Post: ActivatedNut
Today 01:36 AM
» Replies: 145
» Views: 55299
ASUS P5G41T-M LX2/GB Unlocked Hidden Ove...
Last Post: GangsteR23
Yesterday 04:58 PM
» Replies: 25
» Views: 64125
lenovo z570 Advanced Menu Unlocked
Last Post: Kaluva12345
Yesterday 04:58 PM
» Replies: 7
» Views: 4095
[Request] HP Elitebook 6930P WLAN Whitel...
Last Post: Maxinator500
Yesterday 02:25 PM
» Replies: 15
» Views: 6564
Lenovo ThinkCentre M715q 2nd Gen & AMD R...
Last Post: RedfieldHUN1987
Yesterday 09:23 AM
» Replies: 2
» Views: 137
L14 Gen 3 AMD , Need UEFI unlock advance...
Last Post: frankeinstein2532555
Yesterday 04:08 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 86
[REQUEST] Lenovo Y400 & Y500 (6BCNxxWW) ...
Last Post: freedome
03-26-2024 11:00 PM
» Replies: 188
» Views: 52166
[REQUEST] Lenovo G510 (79CNxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: ghostinoss
03-26-2024 09:21 PM
» Replies: 655
» Views: 167094
[Request] CPU support for Lenovo IQ57I
Last Post: DeathBringer
03-26-2024 10:02 AM
» Views: 232
unlocked Bios for Machenike s16
03-26-2024 09:06 AM
» Views: 325
[REQUEST] Bios Unlock Whitelist HP DV6-6...
Last Post: DimanTLT63
03-26-2024 03:03 AM
» Views: 136
[REQUEST] HP Pavilion G6-1252ss Whitelis...
Last Post: joseefitness
03-26-2024 01:40 AM
» Views: 120
[REQUEST] Lenovo S310 & S410 (8BCNxxWW) ...
Last Post: morgley
03-25-2024 10:43 PM
» Replies: 14
» Views: 6330
Acer Nitro ANV15-51 Bios Bin File Reques...
Last Post: Papethzkie23
03-25-2024 06:04 PM
» Views: 136
[REQUEST] Lenovo G710 BIOS Whitelist Rem...
Last Post: si1975
03-25-2024 01:28 PM
» Replies: 468
» Views: 125403
[REQUEST] Lenovo Yoga 2 Pro (76CNxxWW) W...
Last Post: TalKaz
03-25-2024 11:10 AM
» Replies: 844
» Views: 317036
[REQUEST] Toshiba Satellite A300D PSAK0C...
Last Post: 1000palladium
03-25-2024 10:43 AM
» Replies: 4
» Views: 227

[Request] Alienware 17 R2 bios unlock
If you have decent computer or electronics shop around you then you can probably find, they use these programmers in TV/Video repairs too, there is many different flash programmer kits, it doesn't have to be the exact one. If you know some shops to check, just ask if they have flash programmers for 25xxx roms.

What ebay link is dead? The links I gave above? Those are good, I checked them just now (Maybe blocked in your country?)
You can just search ebay, you need CH341A + SOIC8 test clip with cable (make sure it's with cable and not just showing cable in image (Some sellers!!!)
But yes, what you linked is same items all at once (+2 items you don't really need), wow though ₹492? How much is that in USD

So, no EC or GbE, that's possibly expected. Can you try to dump the ME from DOS Instead, make DOS bootable USB and then copy all contents from the DOS FPT folder to the root of the USB >> FPT.exe -me -d me.bin
find
(06-12-2019, 12:03 AM)Lost_N_BIOS Wrote: If you have decent computer or electronics shop around you then you can probably find, they use these programmers in TV/Video repairs too, there is many different flash programmer kits, it doesn't have to be the exact one.  If you know some shops to check, just ask if they have flash programmers for 25xxx roms.

What ebay link is dead?  The links I gave above?  Those are good, I checked them just now (Maybe blocked in your country?)
You can just search ebay, you need CH341A + SOIC8 test clip with cable (make sure it's with cable and not just showing cable in image (Some sellers!!!)
But yes, what you linked is same items all at once (+2 items you don't really need), wow though ₹492?  How much is that in USD

So, no EC or GbE, that's possibly expected.  Can you try to dump the ME from DOS Instead, make DOS bootable USB and then copy all contents from the DOS FPT folder to the root of the USB >> FPT.exe -me -d me.bin

Alright. sorry i just came back from work, Yes those around 7-9 dollars total kit.. Yes ebay somelinks doesnt work, even with VPN... ill try to make bootableDOS with those Intel System Tools Copied Inside, will update you in a while..
find
(06-12-2019, 12:03 AM)Lost_N_BIOS Wrote: If you have decent computer or electronics shop around you then you can probably find, they use these programmers in TV/Video repairs too, there is many different flash programmer kits, it doesn't have to be the exact one.  If you know some shops to check, just ask if they have flash programmers for 25xxx roms.

What ebay link is dead?  The links I gave above?  Those are good, I checked them just now (Maybe blocked in your country?)
But yes, what you linked is same items all at once (+2 items you don't really need), wow though ₹492?  How much is that in USD

So, no EC or GbE, that's possibly expected.  Can you try to dump the ME from DOS Instead, make DOS bootable USB and then copy all contents from the DOS FPT folder to the root of the USB >> FPT.exe -me -d me.bin

Error 318: The host CPU does not have read access to the target flash area. To enable read access for this operation you must modify the descriptor settings to give host access to this region.

FPT Operation Failed. 

even when i tried on bootable dos.. it shows the same error, my intel me firmware version, BTW i have purchased this "CH341A 24 25 Series EEPROM Flash BIOS USB Programmer + SOIC8 SOP8 Clip Adapter Module" it will take 1 - 2 weeks..

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

find
Must be they blocked India or whatever you choose in VPN, or blocked VPN somehow? You can search those items on ebay.in or whatever your ebay url is, MANY sellers offer those same items, or you can get at the place you linked too - all same Big Grin

Bootable DOS is the only DOS, so that is what I meant Big Grin Guess we have to wait on programmer.

If this is not your main system, and you don't care if it's bricked for a little bit while you wait on delivery of programmer, we can maybe try edit now if you want (and if we can get around error)
If you want to do that, please try to write back the biosreg.bin file >> FPTw.exe -bios -f biosreg.bin
Show me image of what error that gives you.
find
(06-12-2019, 12:56 PM)Lost_N_BIOS Wrote: Must be they blocked India or whatever you choose in VPN, or blocked VPN somehow?  You can search those items on ebay.in or whatever your ebay url is, MANY sellers offer those same items, or you can get at the place you linked too - all same Big Grin

Bootable DOS is the only DOS, so that is what I meant Big Grin  Guess we have to wait on programmer.  

If this is not your main system, and you don't care if it's bricked for a little bit while you wait on delivery of programmer, we can maybe try edit now if you want (and if we can get around error)
If you want to do that, please try to write back the biosreg.bin file >> FPTw.exe -bios -f biosreg.bin
Show me image of what error that gives you.

i have ordered, its on the way, will update you once i get the flasher.. yes im using this system for my graphic design works currently.. and thank you so much for the patience.. ill msg once i have the tool inhand..
find
OK, I doubt we'll have any luck, but we can try and see once you have programmer and have made valid and confirmed proper BIOS backups.
find
(05-19-2019, 02:16 AM)Lost_N_BIOS Wrote: Once downloaded, inside you will find Flash Programming Tool folder, and inside that a Windows or Win/Win32 folder.  Select that Win folder, hold shift and press right click, choose open command window here (Not power shell).  At the command prompt type the following command and send me the created file to modify >> FPTw.exe -bios -d biosreg.bin

Hello, Sorry in advance for all the questions, I'm really exited to find this thread. :-D

I have an Alienware 15 R1 also (Which mentioned previously, is the same as the AW 17 R2) and I would like to request an unlocked bios please.

I am interested in the thermal configuration menu under the advanced tab so I can customize the fan settings but have a question, if I use a fully unlocked bios would the currently set settings still be set or would I have to go through the bios to change them back after the flash? Also, do I have to reinstall windows or will my windows install still boot fine?

Would it be possible to get a " thermal configuration" menu only unlock BIOS as well as a fully unlocked BIOS so I can change the fan settings for now but later on down the road I can flash the fully unlocked BIOS when I need more settings or should I not be silly and just use the fully unlocked BIOS?

I have attached my BIOS dump. Thank you! :-) I got it to work on Windows 10 with the command in a batch file and setting fptw.exe as "run as Administrator" in it's compatibility settings.

Also, are you able to make a universal Unlocked BIOS for the AW15 R1/AW17 R2 from the stock BIOS from the DELL support page or does it not work like that?

Attached Files
.bin   biosreg.bin (Size: 6 MB / Downloads: 8)
find
Any time you flash BIOS you have to reset settings, if they are still set then you haven't flashed BIOS properly because first thing you should do after any BIOS flash is load optimal/optimized defaults.

Yes, don't be silly, full unlock BIOS Big Grin If you don't want to use other stuff, stay out of those areas of the BIOS Big Grin

As for stock vs dump, I don't know, no one has tested mod BIOS inside stock flash package. Do you want to test?

As for "universal" I doubt that, I could make stock AW 15 R1 and stock AW17 R2 packages, but unless they both use same ID during flash the package wouldn't work on both systems. I'd have to look into that, I know the BIOS files are a match, but that has nothing to do with the stock flash package and it's tools. They also may use different ME FW and or ME FW programmed settings, as well as EC FW, which is all a part of the stock package, so all that is probably not ideal, but if you have both systems you can test if you want. I never compared both stock packages, only the actual BIOS rom.

Here is modified stock flasher, test it first and let me know outcome of flashing process. Does it let you do it? If yes, is the BIOS unlocked then after that? If it lets you, but BIOS looks the same still, then flash never happens and it only looks like it (So fail)

Never mind, it's signed internally, the package I mean, it wont accept mod BIOS into the package without error. At least I think, it gives me some error I can't find info on, but it does rebuild the package? However, after that it can't be opened in BIOS build tool, but when running the exe it still looks same as the stock package. Do you want to test it and see what happens? If yes, here is two BIOS packages, both has same unlocked stock BIOS inside, but one has edited stock command line to remove /CAF and /SysExt from the "M2" package
http://s000.tinyupload.com/index.php?fil...3201929344

If both fail to flash, let me know I will send you modified BIOS the already tested and proven way.
find
(06-26-2019, 11:02 PM)Lost_N_BIOS Wrote: both has same unlocked stock BIOS inside, but one has edited stock command line to remove /CAF and /SysExt from the "M2" package
http://s000.tinyupload.com/index.php?fil...3201929344

If both fail to flash, let me know I will send you modified BIOS the already tested and proven way.

Thanks, I tried both packages but both get this message attached after clicking yes I want to flash etc. Looks like I'll have to do the proven way. :-)

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

find
Thanks for trying, I didn't think those would let you processed, but I couldn't tell for sure from my end since I'm not on that system.

Here is your mod BIOS, flash back via >> FPTw.exe -bios -f biosregMJD.bin
http://s000.tinyupload.com/index.php?fil...2360350055

*** WARNING - This BIOS is ONLY for user Johndill, if that is not your username then do not use this BIOS
or you will loose your serial, UUID, possibly LAN MAC ID and windows activations too. You have been warned!!! ***

If anyone needs unlocked BIOS For Alienware 17 R2 or 15 R1 send me your FPT BIOS region dump
find