Forum RSS Feed Follow @ Twitter Follow On Facebook

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[-]
Welcome
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username:

Password:

[-]
Latest Threads
[REQUEST + BOUNTY] Lenovo Thinkpad P14s ...
Last Post: loadit
Today 02:23 PM
» Replies: 3
» Views: 66
[REQUEST] Lenovo Yoga 2 Pro (76CNxxWW) W...
Last Post: Dudu2002
Today 10:53 AM
» Replies: 845
» Views: 317108
[REQUEST] Lenovo Thinkpad E130 (H4ETxxWW...
Today 10:51 AM
» Replies: 509
» Views: 101062
[REQUEST] Lenovo Yoga 11E (N15ETxxW) Whi...
Today 08:15 AM
» Replies: 5
» Views: 2522
[REQUEST] Lenovo G50-70 (9ACNxxWW) BIOS ...
Today 07:23 AM
» Replies: 139
» Views: 40964
[REQUEST] CPU Support for Ryzen 5 3600 o...
Last Post: flexpavillion
Today 04:32 AM
» Replies: 1
» Views: 337
Clevo P775TM1-G BIOS
Last Post: ActivatedNut
Today 01:36 AM
» Replies: 145
» Views: 55311
ASUS P5G41T-M LX2/GB Unlocked Hidden Ove...
Last Post: GangsteR23
Yesterday 04:58 PM
» Replies: 25
» Views: 64130
lenovo z570 Advanced Menu Unlocked
Last Post: Kaluva12345
Yesterday 04:58 PM
» Replies: 7
» Views: 4101
[Request] HP Elitebook 6930P WLAN Whitel...
Last Post: Maxinator500
Yesterday 02:25 PM
» Replies: 15
» Views: 6568
Lenovo ThinkCentre M715q 2nd Gen & AMD R...
Last Post: RedfieldHUN1987
Yesterday 09:23 AM
» Replies: 2
» Views: 146
L14 Gen 3 AMD , Need UEFI unlock advance...
Last Post: frankeinstein2532555
Yesterday 04:08 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 95
[REQUEST] Lenovo Y400 & Y500 (6BCNxxWW) ...
Last Post: freedome
03-26-2024 11:00 PM
» Replies: 188
» Views: 52214
[REQUEST] Lenovo G510 (79CNxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: ghostinoss
03-26-2024 09:21 PM
» Replies: 655
» Views: 167177
[Request] CPU support for Lenovo IQ57I
Last Post: DeathBringer
03-26-2024 10:02 AM
» Views: 239
unlocked Bios for Machenike s16
03-26-2024 09:06 AM
» Views: 328
[REQUEST] Bios Unlock Whitelist HP DV6-6...
Last Post: DimanTLT63
03-26-2024 03:03 AM
» Views: 145
[REQUEST] HP Pavilion G6-1252ss Whitelis...
Last Post: joseefitness
03-26-2024 01:40 AM
» Views: 126
[REQUEST] Lenovo S310 & S410 (8BCNxxWW) ...
Last Post: morgley
03-25-2024 10:43 PM
» Replies: 14
» Views: 6333
Acer Nitro ANV15-51 Bios Bin File Reques...
Last Post: Papethzkie23
03-25-2024 06:04 PM
» Views: 138

[REQUEST] ASUS A43TK No Boot (Bios Corrupted - Power Loss)
Huh  My laptop is going through Bios update and my kid just knock the power cable off my laptop (my batt is bad). now my laptop is bricked. I've bought CH341a programmer as i suspect my bios is dead. I've tried reflashing the bios chip. but still nothing happened.. now I've stuck and don't know what else to do.

my bios chip if not mistaken is Winbond 25Q16CV.

used A43TK 206 firmware for flashing. yet my laptop still not responding

need your guys help.... Sad
find
Hello,

Are you still looking for help with this?

First, do you have a full BIOS backup from before the brick?

If not, we have two options:

1.) There may be a built-in recovery mode that will allow you to reflash an official BIOS update.

2.) If there is not a recovery mode or the built-in recovery mode does not work*, then we may be able to find a backup of this board's BIOS image online. This would have to be a full backup - a BIOS update will likely not suffice.

*Recovery mode may not work if the recovery mode was stored in a section of the BIOS chip itself (as opposed to elsewhere) and the BIOS flash was an all-regions flash that corrupted the region that controls the recovery procedure.

Did you run a specific command to flash the BIOS (ie: something like "fpt -f bios.bin -bios") or did you use a utility (such as AFUWIN)? This will impact how we tackle solution #2 if we must use that option.

~Steven

!!!!!PLEASE READ!!!!!! Our Ukrainian friends are undergoing atrocities right now and need support. There are two things you can do for starters:

1.) Donate to one of various organizations offering medical, military, and psychological support to those impacted: Support Organizations

2.) Combat misinformation on social media. 

Also, please feel free to PM me if I have not replied again about your BIOS mod request after 5 days.
www find
Hello,

I'm going to reply to you here as it is easier to keep track of conversations in threads over PMs.

Could you take two BIOS dumps using the CH341A programmer? AsProgrammer is a great software for doing so: https://www.onetransistor.eu/2018/11/use...ndows.html

If you need help with pinouts, please reference this article: https://www.win-raid.com/t4175f16-GUIDE-...ammer.html

If there is anything that is unclear or something doesn't work, please let me know and I will do my best to help.

I ask for two BIOS dumps so that I can compare them to see if they are consistent (identical) with each other. This allows me to verify that the CH341A clip is getting a good connection to the BIOS chip.

The BIOS chip has several regions. If you have an Intel system, the regions of note will be the Flash Descriptor (FD), Intel Management Engine (ME), and BIOS regions. Oftentimes, BIOS updates don't touch the FD or ME regions. If these two regions are in tact, then I can (likely) take these two regions from your backup and combine them with the BIOS region that is available in an official BIOS update using either UEFITool or a hex editor. Otherwise, we will need to find a full working image that contains all regions.

-----
Edit: Does your system have an Intel or AMD CPU?

!!!!!PLEASE READ!!!!!! Our Ukrainian friends are undergoing atrocities right now and need support. There are two things you can do for starters:

1.) Donate to one of various organizations offering medical, military, and psychological support to those impacted: Support Organizations

Also, please feel free to PM me if I have not replied again about your BIOS mod request after 5 days.
www find
Hi,

Here I have attached the bios files that I've got from the manufacturer and few other sources.

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1...sp=sharing

I hope this might help because I've tried flashed each one onto the bios chip (with CH341a programmer) yet still unable to get the laptop unbricked.

My laptop is ASUS K43TK. using AMD A6 3420M.
find
Hello,

This is a difficult notebook to locate a full BIOS dump for. I thought I had a lead, but that notebook has an Intel CPU. Intel and AMD BIOS are always different.

I'm thinking that we are going to need to expand our search to include notebooks that have similar model numbers (same family, different model). For example, my lead was a K43SV notebook.

So our search now has the following parameters:
-Is a BIOS dump and not an official BIOS update. A full dump will be larger than just the BIOS region contained in update files. See my previous post on different BIOS regions.
-Is from a notebook whose model name is "K43XX" where XX can be any two letters.

This is not guaranteed to work, but it cannot possibly cause more harm than a hard bricked notebook.

In the future, try to avoid flashing an official BIOS update onto your BIOS chip, the reason being that they usually only contain the BIOS region. Actual BIOS chips contain multiple regions. Flashing just the update overwrites the first parts of the chip with the BIOS region data and renders the rest of the chip's contents essentially unrelated garbage. We all have to start somewhere, so don't feel bad!

www find