Forum RSS Feed Follow @ Twitter Follow On Facebook

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
[-]
Welcome
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username:

Password:

[-]
Latest Threads
M2N32-SLI Deluxe AM3 Support Request
Last Post: Alxstroi
Yesterday 11:08 PM
» Replies: 105
» Views: 71401
[Request] HP Elitebook 6930P WLAN Whitel...
Last Post: Maxinator500
Yesterday 10:51 PM
» Replies: 17
» Views: 6604
[REQUEST] Lenovo G50-30 (A7CNxxWW) BIOS ...
Last Post: carmelletomato
Yesterday 07:29 PM
» Replies: 46
» Views: 22094
[REQUEST] Lenovo G50-70 (9ACNxxWW) BIOS ...
Last Post: colin89
Yesterday 06:04 PM
» Replies: 140
» Views: 41032
[REQUEST + BOUNTY] Lenovo Thinkpad P14s ...
Last Post: loadit
Yesterday 02:23 PM
» Replies: 3
» Views: 107
[REQUEST] Lenovo Yoga 2 Pro (76CNxxWW) W...
Last Post: Dudu2002
Yesterday 10:53 AM
» Replies: 845
» Views: 317294
[REQUEST] Lenovo Thinkpad E130 (H4ETxxWW...
Yesterday 10:51 AM
» Replies: 509
» Views: 101110
[REQUEST] Lenovo Yoga 11E (N15ETxxW) Whi...
Yesterday 08:15 AM
» Replies: 5
» Views: 2526
[REQUEST] CPU Support for Ryzen 5 3600 o...
Last Post: flexpavillion
Yesterday 04:32 AM
» Replies: 1
» Views: 343
Clevo P775TM1-G BIOS
Last Post: ActivatedNut
Yesterday 01:36 AM
» Replies: 145
» Views: 55351
ASUS P5G41T-M LX2/GB Unlocked Hidden Ove...
Last Post: GangsteR23
03-27-2024 04:58 PM
» Replies: 25
» Views: 64147
lenovo z570 Advanced Menu Unlocked
Last Post: Kaluva12345
03-27-2024 04:58 PM
» Replies: 7
» Views: 4105
Lenovo ThinkCentre M715q 2nd Gen & AMD R...
Last Post: RedfieldHUN1987
03-27-2024 09:23 AM
» Replies: 2
» Views: 153
L14 Gen 3 AMD , Need UEFI unlock advance...
Last Post: frankeinstein2532555
03-27-2024 04:08 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 103
[REQUEST] Lenovo Y400 & Y500 (6BCNxxWW) ...
Last Post: freedome
03-26-2024 11:00 PM
» Replies: 188
» Views: 52238
[REQUEST] Lenovo G510 (79CNxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: ghostinoss
03-26-2024 09:21 PM
» Replies: 655
» Views: 167366
[Request] CPU support for Lenovo IQ57I
Last Post: DeathBringer
03-26-2024 10:02 AM
» Views: 244
unlocked Bios for Machenike s16
03-26-2024 09:06 AM
» Views: 338
[REQUEST] Bios Unlock Whitelist HP DV6-6...
Last Post: DimanTLT63
03-26-2024 03:03 AM
» Views: 151
[REQUEST] HP Pavilion G6-1252ss Whitelis...
Last Post: joseefitness
03-26-2024 01:40 AM
» Views: 136

Request: UEFI mod Bios for Precision T3500
these are from my laptop bios utility (the only difference):

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

find
Alright, we will try to figure this out! Smile The attached pictures are great.

Here's the CH341A package I ordered: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07V6W...UTF8&psc=1

The clip works great for some people and not very well for others (I am one of the latter). It is sort of cheaply made. If you have problems with it, you may need to order the Pomona 5250 clip. It gets a really good grip on the BIOS chip. You probably won't need this though. Here is the one I ordered: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00HHH...UTF8&psc=1

If you additionally order the Pomona 5250, you will also need to either solder the cables from the old clip to the new one or you will need to order 8 female-to-female jumper cables. I recommend a wire length of at least 40 cm for good reach.

The Latitude notebook seems to implement Intel BootGuard technology, which - when properly implemented* - makes it impossible to change a single byte where it is implemented in the BIOS image without creating a brick. If my understanding is correct, BootGuard involves the burning of public key hash into a once-programmable region of either the CPU or the chipset. The public key hash is used to verify that the public key stored in the BIOS image is correct. The public key in the BIOS image is used to verify that the BIOS image on the BIOS chip was created by the manufacturer and not modified from creation to flashing. The BIOS Setup Utility part of the BIOS image (the part used to make edits to the menus and settings) is part of the protected area of the image.

Without Dell's private key, we cannot modify a BIOS image that properly implements* BootGuard without creating a brick. This doesn't stop us from modifying the hidden settings via RU.EFI though! I can post more information on this later on. Basically though, I will provide you with a file that contains a list of hidden and visible settings, as well as what they can be set to, and then you can tell me which ones you want to edit. I can then tell you which variables to edit with RU.EFI.

*To test if BootGuard is implemented properly, please see BDMaster's posts (#7 and #9) in this thread: https://www.win-raid.com/t8865f54-Reques...menus.html Please post the meinfo results here.

Starting today, I will be very busy over the course of the next 9 days, so I will have limited time to work on BIOS mods. I will keep you updated throughout the modification process.

!!!!!PLEASE READ!!!!!! Our Ukrainian friends are undergoing atrocities right now and need support. There are two things you can do for starters:

1.) Donate to one of various organizations offering medical, military, and psychological support to those impacted: Support Organizations

2.) Combat misinformation on social media. 

Also, please feel free to PM me if I have not replied again about your BIOS mod request after 5 days.
www find
Hello Sml6397,

the thread #7 download link isn't working, can you find me an alternative,
btw, i read the whole thread and i found that they post Backup tools ver.20 , it worked for me, you can check it out:

https://www.sendspace.com/file/e5msrr
find
Hello this is the first time using this forum so yeah..anyways I hope you can add this uefi and maybe secure boot? The t3500 has tpm 1.2 so it kinda supports windows 11. Hoping to see that it works and maybe when your done upload it to archive.org?
Dell is so dumb..like the last t3500 were made in mid 2012 I think and had warranty for 5 years... Like why Dell why... Oh and the t3500 has diff Mobo as well.

How about try using a t3600 Bois to mod the t3500 Bois as the t3600 has UEFI and maybe secure boot too.
T3600 Bois : https://www.dell.com/support/home/en-pk/...erid=knnmy
find
Hello StarPrince and ITronLegends,

Thank you for your continued patience. I recently got back from vacation. MEInfo is still tripping me up, however. Once I figure out how to get it running on my laptop, I will instruct you on which version to run on yours' and how to do so.

@ITronLegends,
These notebooks potentially make use of Intel BootGuard. If they do, then we cannot perform BIOS mods on them, or else we will get a brick. MEInfo will allow us to see if Intel BootGuard is actually being used. If it is in use, we can still use RU.EFI to edit individual settings.

~Steven

!!!!!PLEASE READ!!!!!! Our Ukrainian friends are undergoing atrocities right now and need support. There are two things you can do for starters:

1.) Donate to one of various organizations offering medical, military, and psychological support to those impacted: Support Organizations

Also, please feel free to PM me if I have not replied again about your BIOS mod request after 5 days.
www find
Hello Sml6397,
Thank you for your continuous follow up, and welcome back from vacation,

I am waiting and trust your work will make a solution for this Smile

btw, the last comment made by ITronLegends provided a bios T3600 that is related to a Workstation PC , the newer brother to this one T3500, it is not a notebook, hope this info makes any addition to you lol.

StarPrince
find
Attached Intel ME info from my notebook Dell Latitude 3340, if this bios can make any help!

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

find
Hello StarPrince,

Thanks for this information and the reminder. I will get back on this again. Vacation was fun!

It looks like BackupTool didn't work. Did you order the CH341A programmer? If so, could you get a full BIOS chip dump using that? In fact, get two of them so that I can compare them and make sure that they are consistent with each other. I'd feel more comfortable experimenting if we have a sure-fire backup to use if anything goes terribly wrong.

For now, I will begin looking at the stock BIOS image again.

www find
Hello Sml6397,

i once tried to order it from amazon before your vacation, but coz i live outside USA it gives me like 1month shipping, should i proceed and purchase it?
find
i didnt find the one you have available atm

should i order this one

https://www.amazon.com/-/ar/dp/B08KG7YM4...YM45&psc=1
find