Forum RSS Feed Follow @ Twitter Follow On Facebook

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
[-]
Welcome
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username:

Password:

[-]
Latest Threads
[REQUEST] CPU Support for Ryzen 5 3600 o...
Last Post: flexpavillion
Today 04:32 AM
» Replies: 1
» Views: 283
Clevo P775TM1-G BIOS
Last Post: ActivatedNut
Today 01:36 AM
» Replies: 145
» Views: 55281
[REQUEST] Lenovo G50-70 (9ACNxxWW) BIOS ...
Last Post: colin89
Yesterday 06:16 PM
» Replies: 138
» Views: 40941
ASUS P5G41T-M LX2/GB Unlocked Hidden Ove...
Last Post: GangsteR23
Yesterday 04:58 PM
» Replies: 25
» Views: 64120
lenovo z570 Advanced Menu Unlocked
Last Post: Kaluva12345
Yesterday 04:58 PM
» Replies: 7
» Views: 4094
[Request] HP Elitebook 6930P WLAN Whitel...
Last Post: Maxinator500
Yesterday 02:25 PM
» Replies: 15
» Views: 6555
[REQUEST] Lenovo Yoga 11E (N15ETxxW) Whi...
Last Post: drradkin
Yesterday 12:30 PM
» Replies: 4
» Views: 2501
Lenovo ThinkCentre M715q 2nd Gen & AMD R...
Last Post: RedfieldHUN1987
Yesterday 09:23 AM
» Replies: 2
» Views: 136
L14 Gen 3 AMD , Need UEFI unlock advance...
Last Post: frankeinstein2532555
Yesterday 04:08 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 82
[REQUEST] Lenovo Y400 & Y500 (6BCNxxWW) ...
Last Post: freedome
03-26-2024 11:00 PM
» Replies: 188
» Views: 52166
[REQUEST] Lenovo G510 (79CNxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: ghostinoss
03-26-2024 09:21 PM
» Replies: 655
» Views: 167060
[Request] CPU support for Lenovo IQ57I
Last Post: DeathBringer
03-26-2024 10:02 AM
» Replies: 5
» Views: 230
unlocked Bios for Machenike s16
Last Post: Dudu2002
03-26-2024 09:06 AM
» Replies: 5
» Views: 322
[REQUEST] Bios Unlock Whitelist HP DV6-6...
Last Post: DimanTLT63
03-26-2024 03:03 AM
» Views: 134
[REQUEST] HP Pavilion G6-1252ss Whitelis...
Last Post: joseefitness
03-26-2024 01:40 AM
» Views: 118
[REQUEST] Lenovo S310 & S410 (8BCNxxWW) ...
Last Post: morgley
03-25-2024 10:43 PM
» Replies: 14
» Views: 6328
Acer Nitro ANV15-51 Bios Bin File Reques...
Last Post: Papethzkie23
03-25-2024 06:04 PM
» Views: 134
[REQUEST] Lenovo G710 BIOS Whitelist Rem...
Last Post: si1975
03-25-2024 01:28 PM
» Replies: 468
» Views: 125397
[REQUEST] Lenovo Yoga 2 Pro (76CNxxWW) W...
Last Post: TalKaz
03-25-2024 11:10 AM
» Replies: 844
» Views: 317011
[REQUEST] Toshiba Satellite A300D PSAK0C...
Last Post: 1000palladium
03-25-2024 10:43 AM
» Replies: 4
» Views: 227

Request: UEFI mod Bios for Precision T3500
Hi,
I'm new to this and I wanted to know if a mod of this bios works out without bricks. Will I be able install the same mod on my same pc (T3500) without any bricks or having to use any extra equipment?
find
Hello everyone,

There are many concurrent requests in this thread for different machines. I am going to outline the requests below so nothing gets confused (mostly for my own reference):

@StarPrince, this thread's creator, has requested a mod for their Dell Precision T3500 desktop, which has a specialized Dell Phoenix BIOS version A17. I - nor anyone I am aware of - can currently perform this type of mod as Dell specialized their Phoenix non-UEFI BIOS images. I am going to try to figure out how to modify this image using a picture of a BIOS menu you provided in Post #10. I am going to look at the official BIOS update (BIOS image obtained via "...A17.exe -writehdrfile") to figure this out. Before any flashing of (purely) experimental mods, we are waiting on the CH341A programmer to arrive to get a clean backup that can be used to recover the BIOS chip if it gets bricked.

@StarPrince has a second BIOS mod request, first mentioned in Post #9 for a Dell Latitude 3340 laptop with a link to an official BIOS update. Pictures of this BIOS's menus are in Post #11. This BIOS is actually UEFI and is the one that contains Intel BootGuard. Since BootGuard is disabled (confirmed in picture from HWiNFO64 in Post #17), I can begin the modding process! Even if something did go wrong, we are going to get a full backup (will give instructions in the next post) that your new CH341A can restore anyways.

@ITronLegends has a third BIOS mod request for the Dell T3500 desktop as well. You asked if you could flash the T3600 BIOS since it has UEFI support. This tends to be possible, but there is increased risk compared to normal because the system itself may not automatically be configured to work properly with UEFI, which could create a brick. I'd recommend purchasing the CH341A that StarPrince mentioned in Post #20. This way, if you take a backup with the CH341A before trying the flash, you can always flash the backup onto the BIOS chip if something goes wrong during the T3600 BIOS test. Otherwise, I will mod your T3500 BIOS as soon as I figure out Dell Phoenix BIOS.

Figuring out Dell Phoenix BIOS is now at the top of my TODO list. Thanks for the continued patience.

@anf,
Yes, once StarPrince confirms that the T3500 BIOS mod flash works, you will be able to flash the upcoming BIOS mod onto your computer without special hardware or elevated risk of bricks (every BIOS flash - update or mod - bears a very slight chance of something going wrong). Please do not flash any mods I publish for the T3500 until StarPrince confirms that it works because they have a hardware programmer if something goes wrong when flashing this experimental mod. I say experimental because it is a special type of Phoenix BIOS - Dell Phoenix BIOS, which I have never modded before.

!!!!!PLEASE READ!!!!!! Our Ukrainian friends are undergoing atrocities right now and need support. There are two things you can do for starters:

1.) Donate to one of various organizations offering medical, military, and psychological support to those impacted: Support Organizations

2.) Combat misinformation on social media. 

Also, please feel free to PM me if I have not replied again about your BIOS mod request after 5 days.
www find
Ah thanks!
find
Ok, thanks for the reply. Smile
find
Hello Sml,

Im sorry for any confusion occurred but it wasn't intended for sure, however, this post is for modding Precision T3500 UEFI/Secure Boot of latest bios version A17 exactely as you mentioned, the second thing about latitude 3340 i just gave it as an example if we can extract anything from this type of bios as it is already UEFI/Secure Boot included in the bios, just for our research for T3500 modding purpose, that is all.
find
Any updates?
find
Terribly sorry, forgot about this request.

I will open the 3500 BIOS update tonight and begin looking for strings from the BIOS menu screenshots in this thread. If I can find them in plain text, then this gives me a lot to go on in terms of figuring out a way to unlock or unhide settings. If I am able to make progress, I will post regular updates.

!!!!!PLEASE READ!!!!!! Our Ukrainian friends are undergoing atrocities right now and need support. There are two things you can do for starters:

1.) Donate to one of various organizations offering medical, military, and psychological support to those impacted: Support Organizations

Also, please feel free to PM me if I have not replied again about your BIOS mod request after 5 days.
www find
I have found the module that contains most of the strings that show up in the BIOS menus. It is titled "3C_6.ROM". The module is 347KB, the third largest module. You can find this module by running "T3500A17.exe -writehdrfile" (Hint: if running in Powershell, type "./" before the command).

A section of the file beginning at offset 0x21920 can be seen in the attached photo. You may notice that many of the strings there are the names of the top level menus in your BIOS Setup Utility.

Now we have to figure out what calls to those strings. In a standard (ie: non-Dell) Phoenix BIOS, you would take the beginning offset of a menu/sub-menu/setting string (in the STRINGS module), flip the bytes (Little Endian), search for it in the large jump table near the beginning portion of the file it shows up in (STRINGS), take the result's beginning offset, and search for those two bytes reversed in another module (TEMPLAT). This would take you to two bytes after the beginning of the set of bytes that handles that particular menu/sub-menu/setting. This set of bytes is usually 16-32 bytes long, with the size specified by the second byte from the beginning of the set of bytes.

I suspect that we will likely encounter something along these lines, though it is too early to close off other options. Essentially, we want to find the internal (same module) or external (different module) reference that calls these strings found in the 3C_6.ROM file.

I will post further updates as I learn more.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

www find
Interesting. I don't know anything about this so...
find
Hmm updates? It's been a long time
find