Forum RSS Feed Follow @ Twitter Follow On Facebook

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[-]
Welcome
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username:

Password:

[-]
Latest Threads
[REQUEST + BOUNTY] Lenovo Thinkpad P14s ...
Last Post: loadit
Today 02:23 PM
» Replies: 3
» Views: 74
[REQUEST] Lenovo Yoga 2 Pro (76CNxxWW) W...
Last Post: Dudu2002
Today 10:53 AM
» Replies: 845
» Views: 317111
[REQUEST] Lenovo Thinkpad E130 (H4ETxxWW...
Today 10:51 AM
» Replies: 509
» Views: 101062
[REQUEST] Lenovo Yoga 11E (N15ETxxW) Whi...
Today 08:15 AM
» Replies: 5
» Views: 2522
[REQUEST] Lenovo G50-70 (9ACNxxWW) BIOS ...
Today 07:23 AM
» Replies: 139
» Views: 40965
[REQUEST] CPU Support for Ryzen 5 3600 o...
Last Post: flexpavillion
Today 04:32 AM
» Replies: 1
» Views: 337
Clevo P775TM1-G BIOS
Last Post: ActivatedNut
Today 01:36 AM
» Replies: 145
» Views: 55312
ASUS P5G41T-M LX2/GB Unlocked Hidden Ove...
Last Post: GangsteR23
Yesterday 04:58 PM
» Replies: 25
» Views: 64131
lenovo z570 Advanced Menu Unlocked
Last Post: Kaluva12345
Yesterday 04:58 PM
» Replies: 7
» Views: 4101
[Request] HP Elitebook 6930P WLAN Whitel...
Last Post: Maxinator500
Yesterday 02:25 PM
» Replies: 15
» Views: 6568
Lenovo ThinkCentre M715q 2nd Gen & AMD R...
Last Post: RedfieldHUN1987
Yesterday 09:23 AM
» Replies: 2
» Views: 148
L14 Gen 3 AMD , Need UEFI unlock advance...
Last Post: frankeinstein2532555
Yesterday 04:08 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 95
[REQUEST] Lenovo Y400 & Y500 (6BCNxxWW) ...
Last Post: freedome
03-26-2024 11:00 PM
» Replies: 188
» Views: 52216
[REQUEST] Lenovo G510 (79CNxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: ghostinoss
03-26-2024 09:21 PM
» Replies: 655
» Views: 167185
[Request] CPU support for Lenovo IQ57I
Last Post: DeathBringer
03-26-2024 10:02 AM
» Views: 239
unlocked Bios for Machenike s16
03-26-2024 09:06 AM
» Views: 328
[REQUEST] Bios Unlock Whitelist HP DV6-6...
Last Post: DimanTLT63
03-26-2024 03:03 AM
» Views: 145
[REQUEST] HP Pavilion G6-1252ss Whitelis...
Last Post: joseefitness
03-26-2024 01:40 AM
» Views: 126
[REQUEST] Lenovo S310 & S410 (8BCNxxWW) ...
Last Post: morgley
03-25-2024 10:43 PM
» Replies: 14
» Views: 6333
Acer Nitro ANV15-51 Bios Bin File Reques...
Last Post: Papethzkie23
03-25-2024 06:04 PM
» Views: 138

Request Asus ROG Strix G15 G513IM-HN002 bios full unlock
Smile 
Hello, I would like to request a bios unlock for the G513IM. The thing is... I tried to mod it myself but im not confident in my skills!
Bios dump made with: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1MFx7wfC...sp=sharing
Modded the bios with AMIBCPv5.02: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1tFGedYP...sp=sharing
Self-modded bios: https://drive.google.com/file/d/154UQuXf...sp=sharing Huh
The main things that i want to be unlocked are CPU OC & Memory OC
Many thanks!
*Couldn't attach the .rom: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1lYL0hpJ...sp=sharing
find
I've got the same exact laptop but the G17! (4800H & 3060)
I want the same thing, CPU & Memory multipliers, kinda mad ASUS didn't include this on their high-end laptops, and no MUX on top of that..
If you'd like to experiment with each other add me on discord Oblivious#8859 Smile
find
Hello H34TO & Oblivious,

I will take a look at this BIOS mod request later on tonight. Good on you for trying things out!

Just in case we need it later, here is the 74-page documentation for the W25Q16JW BIOS chip that @H34TO mentioned in the other G513 thread: https://www.winbond.com/resource-files/W...20Plus.pdf

Fortunately, this chip is a different model than the chip in the other G513/517 notebooks in this thread (https://www.bios-mods.com/forum/Thread-R...AMD?page=7). The other chip requires the following procedure:
Quote:At first, I thought that it might be difficult to do this as the pins are small (not tiny like many other chips on the motherboard, but still very little wiggle room). Fortunately, the 3 pins we need to connect together are on 3 of the edges of the BIOS chip.

The pull up resister, which has a button, will be attached to a breadboard, as will the resister, to simplify things. The resister - without the button pressed - will initially connect the /VCC (power) pin to the /CS (let's call it the "input" pin to match up with diagrams from guides) to put the /CS pin in a high voltage state. On power up, the button will be pressed to connect the /CS pin to the /GND (ground) pin instead. This will bring the /CS pin to a low voltage state, which is the parameter required for allowing read/write operations to take place.

~Steven

!!!!!PLEASE READ!!!!!! Our Ukrainian friends are undergoing atrocities right now and need support. There are two things you can do for starters:

1.) Donate to one of various organizations offering medical, military, and psychological support to those impacted: Support Organizations

2.) Combat misinformation on social media. 

Also, please feel free to PM me if I have not replied again about your BIOS mod request after 5 days.
www find
(01-26-2022, 06:54 PM)Sml6397 Wrote: Hello H34TO & Oblivious,

I will take a look at this BIOS mod request later on tonight. Good on you for trying things out!

Just in case we need it later, here is the 74-page documentation for the W25Q16JW BIOS chip that @H34TO mentioned in the other G513 thread: https://www.winbond.com/resource-files/W...20Plus.pdf

Fortunately, this chip is a different model than the chip in the other G513/517 notebooks in this thread (https://www.bios-mods.com/forum/Thread-R...AMD?page=7). The other chip requires the following procedure:
Quote:At first, I thought that it might be difficult to do this as the pins are small (not tiny like many other chips on the motherboard, but still very little wiggle room). Fortunately, the 3 pins we need to connect together are on 3 of the edges of the BIOS chip.

The pull up resister, which has a button, will be attached to a breadboard, as will the resister, to simplify things. The resister - without the button pressed - will initially connect the /VCC (power) pin to the /CS (let's call it the "input" pin to match up with diagrams from guides) to put the /CS pin in a high voltage state. On power up, the button will be pressed to connect the /CS pin to the /GND (ground) pin instead. This will bring the /CS pin to a low voltage state, which is the parameter required for allowing read/write operations to take place.

~Steven
Hello, so... yesterday I found out that the 25Q16JW flash chip is the VBios for the 3060 hence the 2MB bios dump; First I was confused that I noticed it is Q16(16Mbit) not Q128(128Mbit), after some digging around, me and Oblivious found the right chip; Unfortunetly its not a DIP SMD one, but good thing there are copper traces for a DIP one, maybe I will be able to solder some wires to it!
EDIT: My bios chip might be a W74M12JW with a HMAC!OObliviou[size=1]Obliviou[/size] Oblivious
find
Quote:EDIT: My bios chip might be a W74M12JW with a HMAC!

Yeah, this is the BIOS chip. The other G513/G517 models on the original thread have this same chip: https://www.bios-mods.com/forum/Thread-R...#pid188379

The link for the documentation for this chip went down, but I have a copy, which I have attached to this post. This chip has two features that could make hardware flashing the chip more difficult: HMAC authentication (as you mentioned) and a required voltage modulation on the /CS pin using a pull-up resister to enable read/write functionality. Software flashing appears to not be feasible with this chip based on previous tests.

I am hoping that the manufacturer did not actually implement the optional HMAC authentication capabilities of the BIOS chip (similarly to how Intel BootGuard usually isn't enabled). If they did, I am not sure how to bypass that. I am pretty sure though that at least the voltage modulation will be required here.

If you want to go ahead with this, I can modify this BIOS image. First, we will need to get the voltage modulation part down. To test if we are successful, we will need to get two consistent BIOS dumps in a row. This means two things:
1.) The 2 dumps are identical to each other with a hex comparison.
2.) The data inside forms a coherent BIOS image that can be opened and extracted in UEFITool.

I imagine that getting identical dumps will mean that we met the voltage requirement for activating the BIOS chip for reads/writes. I imagine that if the data also makes sense, then HMAC isn't implemented. Or it's only implemented for writes, but the fact that AFU has software read permissions to the chip suggests that they might not block hardware reading attempts with an SPI programmer.

On the other thread with this BIOS chip, we have inconsistent, mostly garbage data. This suggests that the chip isn't getting enough voltage for proper reads (as we haven't tried modulating the voltage yet). Based on occasional identical segments of data from dumps, I'm leaning toward HMAC not being implemented- at least for hardware dumping/flashing - which would constitute good news for us.

Let me know if you want to proceed. CH341A SPI programmers tend to be $10-$11 USD, a (potentially necessary) better clip for connecting to the BIOS chip is usually around $20-$25 USD, and I imagine equipment for a pull-up resister might be less than $5 USD. You will also need a 1.8V converter module for the CH341A. This is a few dollars. The better clip is only required if the included one doesn't make a good connection, but it might be a good idea for our purposes since there are multiple things that could cause a bad BIOS dump here.

If we can get past the voltage requirement and find that there is no HMAC implemented, I can provide a BIOS mod for not only your 2 notebooks, but also 6 others on the other thread.

Attached Files
.pdf   w74m12jw20reva.pdf (Size: 1.29 MB / Downloads: 9)

!!!!!PLEASE READ!!!!!! Our Ukrainian friends are undergoing atrocities right now and need support. There are two things you can do for starters:

1.) Donate to one of various organizations offering medical, military, and psychological support to those impacted: Support Organizations

Also, please feel free to PM me if I have not replied again about your BIOS mod request after 5 days.
www find
(01-30-2022, 09:38 PM)Sml6397 Wrote:
Quote:EDIT: My bios chip might be a W74M12JW with a HMAC!

Yeah, this is the BIOS chip. The other G513/G517 models on the original thread have this same chip: https://www.bios-mods.com/forum/Thread-R...#pid188379

The link for the documentation for this chip went down, but I have a copy, which I have attached to this post. This chip has two features that could make hardware flashing the chip more difficult: HMAC authentication (as you mentioned) and a required voltage modulation on the /CS pin using a pull-up resister to enable read/write functionality. Software flashing appears to not be feasible with this chip based on previous tests.

I am hoping that the manufacturer did not actually implement the optional HMAC authentication capabilities of the BIOS chip (similarly to how Intel BootGuard usually isn't enabled). If they did, I am not sure how to bypass that. I am pretty sure though that at least the voltage modulation will be required here.

If you want to go ahead with this, I can modify this BIOS image. First, we will need to get the voltage modulation part down. To test if we are successful, we will need to get two consistent BIOS dumps in a row. This means two things:
1.) The 2 dumps are identical to each other with a hex comparison.
2.) The data inside forms a coherent BIOS image that can be opened and extracted in UEFITool.

I imagine that getting identical dumps will mean that we met the voltage requirement for activating the BIOS chip for reads/writes. I imagine that if the data also makes sense, then HMAC isn't implemented. Or it's only implemented for writes, but the fact that AFU has software read permissions to the chip suggests that they might not block hardware reading attempts with an SPI programmer.

On the other thread with this BIOS chip, we have inconsistent, mostly garbage data. This suggests that the chip isn't getting enough voltage for proper reads (as we haven't tried modulating the voltage yet). Based on occasional identical segments of data from dumps, I'm leaning toward HMAC not being implemented- at least for hardware dumping/flashing - which would constitute good news for us.

Let me know if you want to proceed. CH341A SPI programmers tend to be $10-$11 USD, a (potentially necessary) better clip for connecting to the BIOS chip is usually around $20-$25 USD, and I imagine equipment for a pull-up resister might be less than $5 USD. You will also need a 1.8V converter module for the CH341A. This is a few dollars. The better clip is only required if the included one doesn't make a good connection, but it might be a good idea for our purposes since there are multiple things that could cause a bad BIOS dump here.

If we can get past the voltage requirement and find that there is no HMAC implemented, I can provide a BIOS mod for not only your 2 notebooks, but also 6 others on the other thread.
Hello, i already have the SPI progrogrammer, clips, 1.8V logic level shifter (LLS) and the resistor. BTW in would be easier to communicate directly with you and also would be easier to solve this bios flashing mistery.... sooo... what I'm trying to say is that you could friend me on Discord ( H34TO#0668 ) or gmail ( h43to.code@gmail.com )
Edit: i already modded the LLS with the resistor (its between VCC and /CS) btw it's a 10K res, i think it sould be good enough if not i can change it to a 5k or a 1k res

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

find
(02-02-2022, 06:41 AM)H34TO Wrote: Hello, i already have the SPI progrogrammer, clips, 1.8V logic level shifter (LLS) and the resistor. BTW in would be easier to communicate directly with you and also would be easier to solve this bios flashing mistery.... sooo... what I'm trying to say is that you could friend me on Discord ( H34TO#0668 ) or gmail ( h43to.code@gmail.com )
Edit: i already modded the LLS with the resistor (its between VCC and /CS) btw it's a 10K res, i think it sould be good enough if not i can change it to a 5k or a 1k res

That's awesome! I've been able to mod these 8 notebooks' BIOS images for some time now, but no one has had the know-how/tools (including me) to begin getting around the hardware flashing voltage problem. I've never really played with resisters, so I wouldn't know where to start with whether we need 10k, 5k, etc. resistance.

Immediately after I post this message, you should get a friend request from someone whose name has a vowel as its second character Smile . I'm thinking this weekend, maybe Saturday or Sunday, would be a good time to work on this. The first thing we should do is get at least 2 identical and coherent BIOS dumps. If we can do this, we can also likely flash a BIOS mod, provided HMAC isn't required for writes.

To anyone else awaiting a BIOS mod for this or similar notebooks - if we are successful, full details of how to perform the BIOS flash will be put on this thread.

www find
Hello guys! Recently I've been working with some people to solve the AMD AMI BIOS flashing mistery, but it's getting harder and harder to find new info, that why I made a Discord server where I and others post our findings. Invite link: https://discord.gg/M9MvMH58yV
find