Forum RSS Feed Follow @ Twitter Follow On Facebook

Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 5 Average
[-]
Welcome
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username:

Password:

[-]
Latest Threads
[REQUEST] Lenovo Thinkpad E130 (H4ETxxWW...
Last Post: Tim82
Today 09:08 AM
» Replies: 508
» Views: 101025
[REQUEST] Lenovo Yoga 11E (N15ETxxW) Whi...
Last Post: Dudu2002
Today 08:15 AM
» Replies: 5
» Views: 2516
[REQUEST] Lenovo G50-70 (9ACNxxWW) BIOS ...
Today 07:23 AM
» Replies: 139
» Views: 40956
[REQUEST] CPU Support for Ryzen 5 3600 o...
Last Post: flexpavillion
Today 04:32 AM
» Replies: 1
» Views: 323
Clevo P775TM1-G BIOS
Last Post: ActivatedNut
Today 01:36 AM
» Replies: 145
» Views: 55300
ASUS P5G41T-M LX2/GB Unlocked Hidden Ove...
Last Post: GangsteR23
Yesterday 04:58 PM
» Replies: 25
» Views: 64126
lenovo z570 Advanced Menu Unlocked
Last Post: Kaluva12345
Yesterday 04:58 PM
» Replies: 7
» Views: 4095
[Request] HP Elitebook 6930P WLAN Whitel...
Last Post: Maxinator500
Yesterday 02:25 PM
» Replies: 15
» Views: 6564
Lenovo ThinkCentre M715q 2nd Gen & AMD R...
Last Post: RedfieldHUN1987
Yesterday 09:23 AM
» Replies: 2
» Views: 140
L14 Gen 3 AMD , Need UEFI unlock advance...
Last Post: frankeinstein2532555
Yesterday 04:08 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 87
[REQUEST] Lenovo Y400 & Y500 (6BCNxxWW) ...
Last Post: freedome
03-26-2024 11:00 PM
» Replies: 188
» Views: 52166
[REQUEST] Lenovo G510 (79CNxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: ghostinoss
03-26-2024 09:21 PM
» Replies: 655
» Views: 167105
[Request] CPU support for Lenovo IQ57I
Last Post: DeathBringer
03-26-2024 10:02 AM
» Views: 234
unlocked Bios for Machenike s16
03-26-2024 09:06 AM
» Views: 325
[REQUEST] Bios Unlock Whitelist HP DV6-6...
Last Post: DimanTLT63
03-26-2024 03:03 AM
» Views: 137
[REQUEST] HP Pavilion G6-1252ss Whitelis...
Last Post: joseefitness
03-26-2024 01:40 AM
» Views: 122
[REQUEST] Lenovo S310 & S410 (8BCNxxWW) ...
Last Post: morgley
03-25-2024 10:43 PM
» Replies: 14
» Views: 6331
Acer Nitro ANV15-51 Bios Bin File Reques...
Last Post: Papethzkie23
03-25-2024 06:04 PM
» Views: 137
[REQUEST] Lenovo G710 BIOS Whitelist Rem...
Last Post: si1975
03-25-2024 01:28 PM
» Replies: 468
» Views: 125403
[REQUEST] Lenovo Yoga 2 Pro (76CNxxWW) W...
Last Post: TalKaz
03-25-2024 11:10 AM
» Replies: 844
» Views: 317046

Recovering From A Bad Insyde Bios Flash
Universal BIOS Backup can only generate good backups that can be reflashed for AMI and Award bioses.

For Insyde , use Insydeflash.exe to save a backup that can be used for recovery!

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/747181/InsydeFlash%203.53.zip

Also , the file format usually doesnt matter

Admin
find
(12-30-2010, 05:49 AM)1234s282 Wrote: Universal BIOS Backup can only generate good backups that can be reflashed for AMI and Award bioses.

For Insyde , use Insydeflash.exe to save a backup that can be used for recovery!

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/747181/InsydeFlash%203.53.zip

Also , the file format usually doesnt matter

Admin

hmmm...whereas using the other backup utility I got a file, using the Insyde Flash utility you gave me gives me an error message, : Error: BIOS ROM not found

Edit: nvm, I dl'd a universal extractor and took it from the .exe file that sony has on their website. I might compare the two to see if there are any differences
find
(09-21-2009, 02:12 AM)eralnec Wrote: One stupid question 1234s282: what you mean for USB thumb drive? A FAT32 formatted USB key? Or a special bootable USB key?

please help i have a compaq presario cq60-110ei ,there is no display and on the power led comes on when the laptop is powered,i have tried using external display to test if the screen is the problem but still it doesnt work too.I suspect the bios is bricked.How do i prepared a usb flask disk for flashing.
please help i have a compaq presario cq60-110ei ,there is no display and on the power led comes on when the laptop is powered,i have tried using external display to test if the screen is the problem but still it doesnt work too.I suspect the bios is bricked.How do i prepared a usb flask disk for flashing.
find
Hi All,

It didn't work on my Sony Vaio X Series (model VPCX11ZE/X)

I flashed my X Series BIOS with a different flash.
After that nothing came up on the screen or even the fan is not working once you switch the netbook on.

(BIOS - insyde H20) current version R0084U4

there is no respond or nothing, I thought there is a battery inside so I can take it out and reset BIOS to default settings but couldn't find it. Before that I followed your tutorial (managed to get a similar flash from another X Series)

Does anyone know how to fix it? Please help as I don't want to spend a fortune sending it to Sony Repair Centre.

Regards
find
Tried it on my HP Pavillion dv6-2015sv and i am stuck at step :

(09-18-2009, 01:43 AM)1234s282 Wrote: When the file has loaded, the notebook starts flashing the bios file. This is indicated by beeps every 2

seconds.

This takes about 30-60 seconds.

The laptop seems to find the file and starts to flash bios but it never shuts down.
Kept waiting for more than 10 minutes...
Confused

Is there anything else i could do?
I am not sure if this even makes sense but can i re-create the bios partition?
From evertything i read it seems that this new uefi system stores information on a disk partition. Am i right??
Smile

Thanks in advance!
find
(01-23-2012, 06:24 PM)ktsangop Wrote: Tried it on my HP Pavillion dv6-2015sv and i am stuck at step :

(09-18-2009, 01:43 AM)1234s282 Wrote: When the file has loaded, the notebook starts flashing the bios file. This is indicated by beeps every 2

seconds.

The laptop seems to find the file and starts to flash bios but it never shuts down.
Kept waiting for more than 10 minutes...
Confused

Is there anything else i could do?
I am not sure if this even makes sense but can i re-create the bios partition?
From evertything i read it seems that this new uefi system stores information on a disk partition. Am i right??
Smile

Thanks in advance!

I have a G62 with similar issue, Im trying to flash it and it seems reading the usb flash but after some seconds it stops. I never hear any beep or display something. I have been reading and seems that there is still the need of using the BIOS before going to the UEFI, see following link: http://www.pcbuyerbeware.co.uk/BIOS.htm
find
Hi I have a problem, Acer aspire 7750g after changing the BIOS settings, the laptop will not wake up I tried to write it bios fn + esc power, but does not work i format the usb key copied bios file P5WE0117.fd fw rom , fire up your laptop as in the tutorial, and tries to. Loading a BIOS is not something I am doing wrong but I do not know what, after firing as in the tutorial, full fan speed, and is just an hour nothing is happening.Sorry for writing im a polish [censored] .
find
(09-18-2009, 01:43 AM)1234s282 Wrote: Insyde Bios Recovery Procedure For Notebooks Big Grin

Download the original bios file ******.FD and rename it to ******.BIN and place it on a USB thumb drive.

Disconnected the AC adapter from the notebook.

Remove the battery from the notebook.

Insert the USB thumb drive into one of the USB ports on the notebook.

Held down the 'Windows' Key and the 'B' key.

Connect the AC adapter.

Press the 'Power' button on the notebook.

When the LEDs come on, let go of power button and the two keys held down earlier.

After about 10 seconds the notebook starts to read the USB thumb drive.

While searching for the file the notebook may beep once a second.

The number of beeps varies, depending on how big the USB drive is and
the number of files on it.

If the file was not found, the notebook will reset itself and try again.

If the file was found then it shouldnt take more than 30 seconds to load the file.
No beeping sounds are heard during the loading time.

When the file has loaded, the notebook starts flashing the bios file. This is indicated by beeps every 2

seconds.

About 5 seconds after the beeping stops the notebook will automatically shut itself down.

Switch on the notebook again.

BIOS should have recovered and the notebook should work again!

Hope this works for everyone!

Regards
1234s282
Administrator

OMG! Please help. I was thinking about adding a different wireless adaptor to the whitelist on my new 8760w. I wanted to check if there would be a way to recover from a bad flash if I got it wrong. So I trying the Windows-B thing without a USB stick plugged in thinking it would beep but not do anything given that there was no image to flash. Now my 8760w won't startup!! The screen doesn't even come on. Just a few lights and fan noise. I tried putting the 68SAD.BIN image in the root of a USB key and flashing that, but it doesn't seem to find the file. I've tried it with the following names

ROM.BIN
68SAD.BIN
Hewlett-Packard/BIOS/Current/68SAD.BIN
SMC.BIN
SMC.BI?
Hewlett-Packard/BIOS/Current/SMC.BIN

I suspect I just need to name it the right thing for it to work, but I can't work out what that is... Can there be other files on the USB key as well as the BIOS?
find
(07-20-2012, 07:29 PM)Timp74 Wrote: OMG! Please help....

Maybe it's because your bios is RSA signed, AFAIK they can't be restored that easily. I've found an interesting topic about recovering HP rsa-signed bioses recently, hope it'll help you.
http://forums.mydigitallife.info/threads...very-steps
By the way, it's kinda interesting that simple entering recovery mode damaged your bios; personally, I, just like you, also wanted to check if my y570 bios supports recovery, it booted into recovery bios wasn't damaged afterwards It's strange that recovery overwrote your bios even without any file for bios update available.
find
(09-18-2009, 01:43 AM)1234s282 Wrote: Insyde Bios Recovery Procedure For Notebooks Big Grin

Download the original bios file ******.FD and rename it to ******.BIN and place it on a USB thumb drive.

Disconnected the AC adapter from the notebook.

Remove the battery from the notebook.

Insert the USB thumb drive into one of the USB ports on the notebook.

Held down the 'Windows' Key and the 'B' key.

Connect the AC adapter.

Press the 'Power' button on the notebook.

When the LEDs come on, let go of power button and the two keys held down earlier.

After about 10 seconds the notebook starts to read the USB thumb drive.

While searching for the file the notebook may beep once a second.

The number of beeps varies, depending on how big the USB drive is and
the number of files on it.

If the file was not found, the notebook will reset itself and try again.

If the file was found then it shouldnt take more than 30 seconds to load the file.
No beeping sounds are heard during the loading time.

When the file has loaded, the notebook starts flashing the bios file. This is indicated by beeps every 2

seconds.

About 5 seconds after the beeping stops the notebook will automatically shut itself down.

Switch on the notebook again.

BIOS should have recovered and the notebook should work again!

Hope this works for everyone!

Regards
1234s282
Administrator

Hi 1234s282,

2 weeks before I have bricked by laptop (Compaq Presario C700 - C744TU) while updating wrong bios.
Now I have downloaded latest bios update for my laptop from hp site and tried with setups mentioned in your above thread.

Till the step "After about 10 seconds the notebook starts to read the USB thumb drive.", everything works fine. After this I have left my laptop for 30 minutes.The fan kept on running and light in usb drive was blinking. Nothing happened. Still I could not boot my laptop.

I don't understand what should i do.

My humble request to you to suggest some tips.

Thanks in advance.
find