Bios Mods -The Best BIOS Update and Modification Source

Full Version: [REQUEST] Sony Vaio VPCEH & VPCEJ series (R0xx0Z9) BIOS Unlock
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24
(01-05-2017, 12:54 AM)DeathBringer Wrote: [ -> ]Do you know how to install OS in UEFI mode?
Please make photos of all pages in BIOS.
Show screenshots with a content of that USB flash.

I don't know how to install the OS in UEFI mode off the top of my head, but I'm sure I can look up a guide and do so if you need me to.  Last month, Dudu2002 helped me unlock some functions of my bios, but none that would specifically help with cpu controls or power management. If you want that modified bios file, please let me know. He/she was not able to unlock the features in the hidden Power menu, specifically "advanced cpu control" "platform power management" and "break event"

I originally used the same EP0000268721.exe file to my flash my bios after the i7-2860qm was installed. Attached is my original, unmodified bios rom file that was extracted using Universal Bios Backup Toolkit2.0. And this is the link to the DUMP folder that came from it as well: http://rgho.st/7N57mcn84

Sorry for the long explanation.  Here are my current bios pages and usb flash content screenshots and the error messages.
OK.
Insert that USB flash in laptop. Boot up and enter in BIOS.
Make EFI the first item in Boot Priority. Make a photo of result.
Make a photo of content of submenu EFI.
Save and reboot.
Does it boot from USB?
If it doesn't then reboot and press <F11> for boot menu. Make a photo of the list.
P.S. Files NSYDE-R0200Z9-myoriginalbios.rom and INSYDE-R0200Z9.rom (from first post) are the same.
ambientnoiz
I saw you online, but you didn't answer.
Do you still need to solve this problem?
(01-15-2017, 09:23 AM)DeathBringer Wrote: [ -> ]ambientnoiz
I saw you online, but you didn't answer.
Do you still need to solve this problem?

Hi sorry for the late response, been really busy with work and study.  I'm having the same issue as before. The flash drive won't boot; I'm guessing it's because my OS was installed as non-uefi firmware? In any case, I've been trying to figure out how to manually change a specific hidden setting: Turbo PWR MSR Lock (to Disabled), instead of trying to un-hide every setting that is still hidden.  Maybe you could help? 

This is what I know so far, the setting's (turbo pwr msr lock) variable id and it's offset.  Not sure how to find out what the value is (or the value for any other variable id for that matter), and not sure how to use a hex editor to change the value for some particular setting.  I was reading some guide that used a "efi variable dumper" to check for those values, but I could not find that online to download. Or maybe there's another program that can give me that information? 

I'm thinking if I can disable the MSR Lock setting, then I can change the TDP in throttlestop so I can reach the max multiplier of my cpu.
Try to flash my mod.
Go to BIOS and do Load Defaults. Save and reboot. Then make new BIOS dump.
(01-17-2017, 11:13 PM)DeathBringer Wrote: [ -> ]Try to flash my mod.
Go to BIOS and do Load Defaults. Save and reboot. Then make new BIOS dump.

Thank you for the modified bios, DeathBringer.  It unlocked the Package Power Long/Short options in the TPL window in Throttlestop.  However, even by changing values in that box, the multiplier did not change under load. Attached are two pics showing this. But soon after, I found out what the problem was!

I ended up reading a ton of threads across many websites, and was starting to feel a sense of despair, expecting to look forward to many trial and error hex edits and brick recoveries to figure it out.  Somewhere along the way, I was reading about how certain disabled/enabled c-states (specifically C6) would prevent turbo boost function, and ended up on the topic of core parking.  I checked windows resource monitor, and it looked like none of my cpu cores were parked at idle! So I unhid the windows power option for "Processor performance core parking min cores" in regedit (see attached), set it so that a few cores would park at idle, and boom, unlocked 36x multiplier (tested with hyper-pi using 1 processor).  With all 8 cores/threads stressed, the multiplier runs at 28x.  It all makes sense now.

Also attached is my semi-unlocked bios (Without "turbo pwr msr lock" set to disabled), many thanks to Dudu2002. It has most of the advanced and boot options unlocked, but no cpu control or power management settings. DeathBringer, will you please modify this file too so that it also has the "Turbo pwr MSR lock" set to Disabled by default, or perhaps even teach me how to modify the correct hex values so I can do it on my own, I could maybe set or unlock more settings for this bios and post it here for other people to use as well! I am grateful for your assistance through this tedious journey.  Please tell me your paypal or btc address, I would like to donate to you as well.
I do only CPU support mods for free.
hello,
any way you can help me unlock the bios to show the advanced settings. I have a problem with my wifi and need to check if it is active in the bios.

make : sony vaio VPCEJ1J1E
bios : INSYDEH20 REV 3.5
bios ver : R0200Z9

link : https://www.sony.de/support/de/content/c.../VPCEJ1J1E

[attachment=12182]
Please, I want to turn off hyper threading but there's no option there even though the bios is updated to the last version. I don't find the .ROM thing in the support site (However, thanks to dudu2002, I extracted and attached it).
It's an Insydeh20 bios version 3.60.51R0200Z9
(04-25-2017, 10:29 AM)adawy Wrote: [ -> ]Please, I want to turn off hyper threading but there's no option there even though the bios is updated to the last version. I don't find the .ROM thing in the support site.
It's an Insydeh20 bios version 3.60.51R0200Z9
Hi
run tools https://www.sendspace.com/file/vftkc3 , make bios damp and report
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24