Bios Mods -The Best BIOS Update and Modification Source

Full Version: [UNLOCKED] Acer 5951G-6879
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hoping for CPU ratio/performance levels, CPU adv settings such as VT/HT/C1E/C6/core disable, CPU VID, & any GPU, RAM & fan/temp settings if possible. As much as can be unlocked.

Bios: http://global-download.acer.com/GDFiles/...er&SC=PA_4
RSA Signed: No (followed sticky directions & checked with Andy's tool)
Bios Type: Insyde EFI (I think, it shouldn't be UEFI)

Bios Images:
[Image: th_IMG_2065-2.jpg]
[Image: th_IMG_2066.jpg]
[Image: th_IMG_2067.jpg]
[Image: th_IMG_2068.jpg]
[Image: th_IMG_2069.jpg]

Thank you.
Hi There,

I will try to get a look when I have a chance - camilo would've been great at this so I need to go back and do a bit of reading before I can check this one out.

TheWiz
(12-05-2012, 07:14 PM)TheWiz Wrote: [ -> ]Hi There,

I will try to get a look when I have a chance - camilo would've been great at this so I need to go back and do a bit of reading before I can check this one out.

TheWiz

Okay thanks.
This should do the trick. Let me know how it goes.
Use at your own risk.
(12-10-2012, 09:02 PM)svl7 Wrote: [ -> ]This should do the trick. Let me know how it goes.
Use at your own risk.

It works thank you.

[Image: th_IMG_2156.jpg]

[Image: th_IMG_2158.jpg]

(12-11-2012, 05:05 PM)gamerX1990 Wrote: [ -> ]
(12-10-2012, 09:02 PM)svl7 Wrote: [ -> ]This should do the trick. Let me know how it goes.
Use at your own risk.

It works thank you.

Actually it appears the fan speeds are not working, regardless what they're set to it continues on the same way it always has.
After a reflash the fan controls seem to be working for some reason.. so all is well can move to unlocked section.
Hi,

I installed this bios, hoping to be able to change the usb power settings in sleep mode (want one port to be always on so that I can resume from sleep with my external keyboard)

There are many things unlocked, but I don't see that feature, unless I'm overlooking something?
What I will gain with this unlocked BIOS ?
Use at your own risk.

It works thank you.

Use at your own risk.

It works thank you.

Actually it appears the fan speeds are not working, regardless what they're set to it continues on the same way it always has.

I have a question. This mod BIOS allows you to switch the video card primary? I want to select my Nvidia card as primary graphic card. With Hackintosh it's not possible switch between hd 3000 and nvidia gt555m, so I want to use gt555m as primary video card. Does this BIOS mod allow to choose what of them to use as primary ?.
Hi friend,
There is the possibility, but It will brick the laptop !!!
Regards
Pages: 1 2