Bios Mods -The Best BIOS Update and Modification Source

Full Version: [Request] Unlock Inspiron 545
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
hi there people of this forum this is my very first moments on this (amazing) forum.
so i'm here posting, well requesting for help in order to unlock my bios on my dell inspiration 545 i'll attach a screenshot of all the info i could get for the bios

if it's been already done can you redirect me to it please thank you so much in advance

by the way i want to this in order to get access to over-clocking options in bios hope you can help me out Smile

----------------------------------------------------
here is what dell gives me for bios update :\
----------------------------------------------------
http://www.dell.com/support/drivers/us/e...Id=R250485&osCode=WLH&fileId=2731128763&languageCode=en&categoryId=BI
Hi Falcon,

I was able to unlock some CPU/board overclocking options that you may find useful -ranging from CPU Clock ratios to clock speeds.

Please note that you should flash this at YOUR OWN RISK. I tried my best to ensure that the modification procedure went smooth but I know we've had some bricked Inspiron 531s before we got the modification working right (albeit I didn't do the mod).

http://bios-mods.com/BIOS/Award/Dell/Del...%20MOD.zip

Please report back with how it goes,
TheWiz
hi Smile

thank you so much for such a quick reply, but unfortunately it doesn't quite work i've screenshoted the error i get when i run the exe file...

the first one is when i run it as admin and second one about drivers is when i run it normally
Hi Falcon,

It would appear the WinFlash is being picky. Please follow our Award BIOS Update procedure on the website to flash the upgrade from DOS.

Regards,
TheWiz
I'd be really grateful if you provide me with a link to this procedure tutorial, where about is it on the forum
Just click the BIOS Update tab on the top of the site.
oh ok thank you Smile

by the way, you mentioned dell 531 previously...but mines a 545, are these shipped with the same mobo or related components ?

on the CMOS chip it says phoenix so, should i use phoenix method or award method !?! a bit confused because i'm in award bios forum Big Grin

and one more question what's the chance of breaking my pc ? Big Grin
The 531 is a different chipset so it is hard to tell. The CMOS says Phoenix but Phoenix bought the Award platform many years back and they merged together.

Breaking your pc? There is always a chance. I am hoping this works alright.

Follow the Award procedure.
oh i see now it makes sense

but before i do it anyway, has this been done before ?! and if the chips are different how is the bios for the 531 chipset going to work for my 545 ?!
Have unlocks been done before, yes (see our unlocked bioses section). I modified the BIOS image you posted on your thread for your board, it is not the 531 bios. I was just saying I've seen inspiron bios mods have troubles in the past, but successes as well.
Pages: 1 2