Bios Mods -The Best BIOS Update and Modification Source

Full Version: Acer Aspire 5336 Advanced Menus Request (Pics)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
(05-24-2013, 12:59 PM)gujiangjiang Wrote: [ -> ]Yes,Only EFI Boot support GUID Partition table,and can boot from ESP Partition,but some InsydeH2O don't have UEFI opinion in BIOS setting,so we must incert or replace some EFI modules to support it,like this one:
http://www.bios-mods.com/forum/Thread-UN...g-EFI-Boot

Hmmmm.... well that option isn't in my BIOS so it probably doesn't support it then (by default). It would be nice to have; are there any benefits to a GUID Partition? How would I modify my InsydeH20 BIOS? I don't know very much but I am willing to learn.
(05-24-2013, 01:02 PM)Jeffreycat Wrote: [ -> ]
(05-24-2013, 12:59 PM)gujiangjiang Wrote: [ -> ]Yes,Only EFI Boot support GUID Partition table,and can boot from ESP Partition,but some InsydeH2O don't have UEFI opinion in BIOS setting,so we must incert or replace some EFI modules to support it,like this one:

Hmmmm.... well that option isn't in my BIOS so it probably doesn't support it then (by default). It would be nice to have; are there any benefits to a GUID Partition? How would I modify my InsydeH20 BIOS? I don't know very much but I am willing to learn.

First,please forgive me poor english....
EFI is much faster to boot system,because EFI can ignore the BIOS-Selfcheck
GUID is much much better than MBR,GUID can let you make lots of Primary partitions is you want ,but the MBR is only support 4 Primary partitions....

So,the microsoft windows 7 & 8 support EFI Boot and the MAC is also EFI Boot
If you want to boot up system much faster,you can try SSD+EFI+GUID(GPT)...

But now,i only want to some one can help me add EFI modules for me to support EFI ,because i installed MAC 10.8.3 on my HP Notebook...
(05-24-2013, 01:10 PM)gujiangjiang Wrote: [ -> ]

GUID is much much better than MBR,GUID can let you make lots of Primary partitions is you want ,but the MBR is only support 4 Primary partitions....

But now,i only want to some one can help me add EFI modules for me to support EFI ,because i installed MAC 10.8.3 on my HP Notebook...

Hmmm.... thanks for the advice! I would suggest making your own thread. That way you can get more exposure in search results, etc. You can also try looking on the My Digital Life Forums as well.
(05-24-2013, 01:15 PM)Jeffreycat Wrote: [ -> ]
(05-24-2013, 01:10 PM)gujiangjiang Wrote: [ -> ]

Hmmm.... thanks for the advice! I would suggest making your own thread. That way you can get more exposure in search results, etc. You can also try looking on the My Digital Life Forums as well.

Thank you very much, i try to do it...thank you
Menus unlocked, please report back.
(05-24-2013, 05:23 PM)svl7 Wrote: [ -> ]Menus unlocked, please report back.

I only see 4 options in the new advanced (ASF) menu: A watchdog timer, a BIOS timeout timer, an OS timeout timer, and a power-on timeout option. None of these are useful to me.

Did I flash it wrong or something? Thanks for helping me with this!
And I don't see anything unless you post some pics...
(05-26-2013, 07:24 PM)svl7 Wrote: [ -> ]And I don't see anything unless you post some pics...

OK I added some pictures of the new menu.
Bump.
I'm guessing that this isn't possible?
Pages: 1 2 3