Bios Mods -The Best BIOS Update and Modification Source

Full Version: Hidden options for Packard Bell MH36 (BIOS Mod in Post #12)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Hi!
Is there any chance to unlock hidden options in this BIOS?

-Manufacturer: Packard Bell
-Type: Laptop
-Model:Easy Note MH36-U-103IT
-Bios Type: Phoenix BIOS

Most important thing would be AHCI mode (for my SSD, so slow and without TRIM in IDE mode).

The BIOS file extracted from .exe:
[attachment=6236]

Help me please! Angel
(03-10-2014, 03:07 PM)artic5 Wrote: [ -> ]Hi!
Is there any chance to unlock hidden options in this BIOS?

-ManufacturerTongueackard Bell
-Type: Laptop
-Model:Easy Note MH36-U-103IT
-Bios Type: Phoenix BIOS

Most important thing would be AHCI mode (for my SSD, so slow and without TRIM in IDE mode).

The BIOS file extracted from .exe:

Help me please! Angel

It's a Phoenix pure Bios and i am not yet ready to mod it, but I found only 5Tabs Main, Advanced, Security, Boot and Exit, so I don't think there are hidden tabs, about AHCI, i don't know as there is under Main tab Ide mode and LBAmode or UltraDMA mode.
Regards
Hello, I used a Hex Editor (HxD) on your BIOS and found the following info:

1.) Your notebook's BIOS DOES HAVE a hidden "Intel Menu" and the menu CAN be added to your notebook's BIOS.
2.) The NVRAM register for enabling "Intel VT-x" (Hardware-assisted virtualization) in your BIOS is 03C3 . Unfortunately, your current CPU does not support VT-x (if my information that you have a PentiumĀ® Processor T4400 is correct). To solve this issue, you would have to upgrade your CPU like I did.
3.) The register for "Intel VT-d" (adds more features to VT-x) is 0261 .
4.) There is a reference to "AHCI" in your BIOS, but I can't pinpoint the exact NVRAM register that it would use.
(04-07-2014, 01:09 PM)Sml6397 Wrote: [ -> ]Hello, I used a Hex Editor (HxD) on your BIOS and found the following info:

1.) Your notebook's BIOS DOES HAVE a hidden "Intel Menu" and the menu CAN be added to your notebook's BIOS.
2.) The NVRAM register for enabling "Intel VT-x" (Hardware-assisted virtualization) in your BIOS is 03C3 . Unfortunately, your current CPU does not support VT-x (if my information that you have a PentiumĀ® Processor T4400 is correct). To solve this issue, you would have to upgrade your CPU like I did.
3.) The register for "Intel VT-d" (adds more features to VT-x) is 0261 .
4.) There is a reference to "AHCI" in your BIOS, but I can't pinpoint the exact NVRAM register that it would use.

Thank you very much for your help!
My laptop runs a Pentium T4200, and it doesn't support VT-x, you are right! I think it's not worth upgrading CPU (my work laptop has a P8600 processor and it's not much powerful).

For AHCI, is it possible that my laptop has a ACER bios (with packard bell logo)?

Thank you very much
Hello artic5,

I have finished learning how to mod the Phoenix BIOS and learned how to fix the PhoenixTool issue that has been preventing me from progressing in BIOS modding. Having finished my school year, I now have 3 months available to me over summer break to mod BIOS's.

I will have your BIOS image modded, uploaded, and ready for you to flash sometime today!

~Steven

Hello artic5,

I have finished unlocking your BIOS. It now contains 4 new options in the Advanced Menu, an INTEL Menu, and a "MCH Workarounds:" menu (yes, the colon is supposed to be there).

Now I just have to verify that the image is 100% absolutely safe and write up the BIOS mod documentation. I will have the BIOS image uploaded soon.

~Steven
Hello artic5,

Here is your modified BIOS image:[attachment=6720]
Please read the readme for details and the usual warnings/disclaimers.

Could you tell me what BIOS version you have please? I am not sure how to identify it yet. I know that the version is in one of the BIOSCOD modules, but I am not sure how to go about looking for it.

~Steven
Thanks You Steven! Does it support AHCI?

Best regards,

Wign

(06-17-2014, 04:00 PM)Sml6397 Wrote: [ -> ]Hello artic5,

Here is your modified BIOS image:
Please read the readme for details and the usual warnings/disclaimers.

Could you tell me what BIOS version you have please? I am not sure how to identify it yet. I know that the version is in one of the BIOSCOD modules, but I am not sure how to go about looking for it.

~Steven
Hello wign,

There is AHCI support, but the modified BIOS image does not have the AHCI feature added (it was under a different name). I will add it to the image and upload it later on today. This also explains why I was unable to find the register for the setting. It will be under the name "SATA Mode Selection:".

~Steven
Hello wign,

Recently, I have discovered ways to add even more types of settings to the BIOS than before. I can upload the new modified BIOS with just the AHCI setting added to the previous mod, or if you are willing to wait until tomorrow or the next day, I can do a more "full" unlock.
Hi,

sorry i'm late to respond!
Thank you very much for your precius help!

Then i try to flash modded bios! :-)

Original BIOS is version P05!
Pages: 1 2 3