Bios Mods -The Best BIOS Update and Modification Source

Full Version: Intel Dual Core E5200 on Gigabyte GA-945GZM-S2 (rev. 2.1 & 3.x)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Is possible to mod the bios for this mb...:

http://www.gigabyte.com.tw/Support/Mothe...uctID=2467

...to support E5200 CPU? there are a lot of other CPUS with 800 FSB supported but no E5200. Tried everything, no success.

direct link to latest bios, from 2007:
http://download.gigabyte.ru/bios/motherb...-s2_fi.exe

Thanks Rolleyes
I sincerely apologise for the delay in oour response. Due to the large amount of posts here , we do make errors and skip a few by accident! Tongue

I cant really help you with this but il forward an email to TheWiz , who is our resident CPU Support Wizard!

Regards
Admin
oh, thanks for the reply! I'll wait! Shy

(02-11-2010, 02:52 AM)1234s282 Wrote: [ -> ]I sincerely apologise for the delay in oour response. Due to the large amount of posts here , we do make errors and skip a few by accident! Tongue

I cant really help you with this but il forward an email to TheWiz , who is our resident CPU Support Wizard!

Regards
Admin
Hey Webright,

Finally got a chance to check out your case here. I am very confused why you are having trouble though. Even though the CPU is not llisted, the E6300 is supported, which means plopping in a E5200 should still work. Please fill me in on the details.

Thanks,
TheWiz
yes, it should work, but it isn't... Shy

gigabyte replyied saying that they will not update the bios anymore.

On BIOS Setup, doesn't exist a multiplier setting so cpu clock stays at 1500mhz. I believe that the problem is the multiplier, as all other settings seems to be right, double checked with processor specs.

Thank you TheWiz Smile

(02-16-2010, 11:58 PM)TheWiz Wrote: [ -> ]Hey Webright,

Finally got a chance to check out your case here. I am very confused why you are having trouble though. Even though the CPU is not llisted, the E6300 is supported, which means plopping in a E5200 should still work. Please fill me in on the details.

Thanks,
TheWiz
Well, the multiplier will be set correctly when it picks up the right proccessor, so that makes sense. I'll keep working on it though. Also, I jsut want to make sure you have Gigabyte Dual BIOS or not.

TheWiz
This board doesn't support real dual bios, only a 'virtual' dual. I've recovered it from a bad flash already, so... please, feel free Smile

(02-17-2010, 08:05 PM)TheWiz Wrote: [ -> ]Well, the multiplier will be set correctly when it picks up the right proccessor, so that makes sense. I'll keep working on it though. Also, I jsut want to make sure you have Gigabyte Dual BIOS or not.

TheWiz
Hey webright,

Sorry its been so long. Toto many mods, such little time. By Friday or Saturday , I will have your new BIOS posted.

TheWiz
Smile thank you.

(02-24-2010, 08:22 PM)TheWiz Wrote: [ -> ]Hey webright,

Sorry its been so long. Toto many mods, such little time. By Friday or Saturday , I will have your new BIOS posted.

TheWiz
All Done (or at least I think so) I updated the Microcode to a more recent version that included the E5200 microcode with others. Your bios went from 73K of Microcode to 123K of Microcode.

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/1525839/Bios/9GZMS21.BIN

Good Luck!
TheWiz
Pages: 1 2 3